A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: flash cookies .. please help

flash cookies .. please help

I’ve seen somewhere that there is a function in flash mx that saves info from the user browsers (kind of cookies) and that you can recognize the user when he comes back, but i can find this article anymore. Does anyone have an idea where i can find a related article or tutorial in this subject?
    Thanks for your help
    Sam
    www.nyctunnel.com
    www.nyctunnel.com

I'm not sure of the article's url, but I have seen the same. Search in Macromedia's developer's help section on their site for "SharedObject" and you will find something.
    It must be obvious day at camp stupid

The thing you are talking about is called a shared object. You can get info on them using the Flash help file or by doing a search on the Macromedia support page. They are pretty simple to use and work great. Once I found out what they were called I figured them out just from the help file but I'm sure they have a tutorial on Macromedia's site for them as well.

Bill

i have used them successfully

i have used them a lot of times, i have a fla on my site which u can download it teaches you how to use them and what they can do.
    Its based as a form.
    http://www.geocities.com/********/downloads/account.zip
    i hope this works for u, and teaches u about it.
    But is u use the movie in other movies, it will not have the same "cookies" so thats why the swf one on my site is not working at the moment, it all depends what u want to do with em