A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: 3d wall and ball

MaD Member : )

3d wall and ball

Hey guys i have made this new 3d wall and ball thingy,i hope you like it, it's a very tiny file(2kb).
    It only took me a few minutes to make.

Trix.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Nifty...

hehe.

Moon orbiting planet next!

Frank did one of those.

I helped with the script. Its not a difficult script.

Check this out:

http://www.oyoyoy.com/ and take the menu options Fun & Games --> Strine.

There are two rotations, ship thingy around moon, moon around planet.

They are a klurge as I could not get swap depths to work, so I have two instances(?) of the space ship and the moon, at different levels, and depending on positioning show/hide the instances.

PS:
    This site is way unfinished, and won't get more work until Jan, when I release a commercial site under development (95% plus done in KM) and get some time again.

Also, registering as a member is pointless, but should work. It does nothing and the db will be cleared before the oy site is fully released. If you do join, hopefully it will send you an email.

And among other changes, the UFO in the KM links section will go!

Wow - brilliant Owen!

I see there is lots of backend stuff. I would be interested to know what uses the backend - menu - content?

Well done....

Hilary

-

Cool

How did u get that object to follow where ever the mouse went?
    4 out of 5 voices in my head say im completely normal.

Either;

this.startdrag();

or

this._x=_root._xmouse;
    this._y=_root._ymouse;

There is defianatly an example of the later included and I think there is also a drag example to.

KillerKane
    How did u get that object to follow where ever the mouse went?
    Had to go to the site and look for object you meant.

If you mean the sub-menu, it is nothing elegant. Each option is a cloned movieclip with a button and another clip. On mouseover the other clip has the _visible set to 1, on mouseout it is set to false (0).

If I had thought of using Johnie's second example, I think I would have done that instead. I use that approach for selection lists with the commercial site under development.

If you mean something else, then I have no idea. There is a ghost haunting my server!

Hilary
    I would be interested to know what uses the backend ..
    Not sure if this is what you mean, but the serverside is ASP stuff, using a (don't cringe) access database where needed, text files where needed.

I was trying to make it as parameter driven as possible, so, for example, to change the menu I change a text file, adding/removing/modding a few lines. Lazy ways for lazy people.

<Addendum> And some the textual content. When I learn a bit about XML, maybe some of content will be sourced as per the examples on your site. But XML, SOAP, all these letters of the alphabet daunt me ... </Addendum>

Thanks for the praise, coming from you that is really head-swelling stuff. But if you saw the code you might revise your opinion a bit.

oyoyoy is my toy site, I test and play with things there, although sometime in January it will become an entertainment site for big kids and little adults, and the messing about will happen in blind urls. It will be a 100% KM created site (outside of serverside stuff, of course).
    Last edited by OwenAus; 12-02-2002 at 01:30 AM.

I dont really understand what johnie's saying

Originally posted by KillerKane
    I dont really understand what johnie's saying
    Either of those two actionscripts will make an object follow the cursor providing the AS is placed on the MC itself using onclipevent.

EG; You have a MC of a Buterfly and you want it to follow the mouse...

You would Create your MC and then place this AS on it;

onclipevent(enterFrame){
    this.startdrag();
    }

or

onclipevent(enterFrame){
    this._x=_root._xmouse;
    this._y=_root._ymouse;
    }

The first works becuase you use the drag method. The second works because you are setting the MC's X and Y properties to the same as the mouse at the root level.

Eitherway you choose to do it is fine.
    Last edited by johnie; 12-02-2002 at 09:50 PM.

ok

How do you add an action script to an object? Sorry, im not good with action scripts.

Approaches depend on what you are doing, I think. Two good sites to get .fun files with AS are, in alphabetical order:

www.bridel.org
    www.necromanthus.com

Just about everything you need is covered on the sites, and the fun files are, well, fun to dissect.