A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Site Check

Quote Originally Posted by RobVos
    Goodevening Everybody,

I just finished a website for a bluesband. (www.double-b.nl)
    I thought to let you all know.
    By the way, Blanius thanks for helping me out.

Greetings

Rob
    The site reminds me of LP album art. Nice. What I don't like is that the MP3 player needs pushed to play every song. Why can't it play straight through? My only suggestion is a different background/pic for each page. I dig it though.
    Any programming language is at its best before it is implemented and used.

Thanks tmoore935,

I changed the player. But not the picture. Well, I guess it is a artistic differance. But thanks for the comment.

Greetings Rob

Thanks tmoore935,

I changed the player. But not the picture. Well, I guess it is a artistic differance. But thanks for the comment.

Greetings Rob
    No, its cool. What I mean is in the 60's, 70's, albums came in large cardboard. so the artists were kinda forced to have some art on 2 different sides of the record cover. Some even put artwork on the sleeves also. It seemed to me that this was lost somewhat with CD's and downloadable music. It is preference like you said as some will disagree with me. To much art is a waste. I think you have the right touch/flair.

byweb, new site KoolMoves

Hello, I create a new site, they can give his opinion thank you. PIEDRAMOL

Well yet another class site from the man. Well done mate.

Thank you Stoke for your commentaries. Your if you are a teacher.

Hello Byweb,

I like your site. I like the movie and the location part.
    I would like to have it myself (the movie part) if that is possible.
    In the contact form it would be nice if you jump to the first field automaticly.
    That is possible when you do as follows:

Selection.setFocus(Naambox);
    Naambox.tabIndex=1;
    onderwerpbox.tabIndex=2;
    etc etc etc.

Keep up the good work.

greetings from Rob

Hello Byweb,

I like your site. I like the movie and the location part.
    I would like to have it myself (the movie part) if that is possible.
    In the contact form it would be nice if you jump to the first field automaticly.
    That is possible when you do as follows:

Selection.setFocus(Naambox);
    Naambox.tabIndex=1;
    onderwerpbox.tabIndex=2;
    etc etc etc.

Keep up the good work.

greetings from Rob
    Thank you for his your commentary, I do not deal, when you say that " I would like to have it I same (the part of movie) if it is possible " . In that I can help you...?
    With regard to your code, already I am to probe it in my new page, but I have to say that I do not achieve that it works. Help please.

Hello

I haven't been here in a really long time. I got frustrated with web design and went to templates to show my art for a while, but now I'm back doing my own page. I redid my site with koolmoves for my stills section and i used my old froggy boxing koolmoves swf, I also used ispace for the title bar and buttons, and a very old version of golive for general layout. I don't know if they even make golive anymore, but I like it.

I would appreciate if you kind people could check out my site. I have one major concern. In the stills section I have a slideshow that I made a preloader for. It seems to work for mostly everyone, but my one friend on firefox says he just gets the loading screen and it doesn't go beyond that. What I did in the preload movie was add one frame with my loading image and on that frame I put the actions load movie and entered my movie url and then i put go to frame 2 and stop. It seems to work ok but this one guy got me stumped

Any comments or criticisms of the site are welcome as well. I will probably add more koolmoves elements as time goes on but I have to get back in the swing of using it. I probably will make the froggy boxing page a little better too.

Thank you
    Dennis Borruso

www.penguinfrog.com

Quote Originally Posted by dborruso
    I would appreciate if you kind people could check out my site. I have one major concern. Thank you
    I use firefox 5 and IE 7 and it all worked fine.
    I noticed that you have three movies on the movies page. Why not use the video player supplied by koolmoves to display your movies. I think it would look more professional. You could also use a particle effect on the water on the home page. These are only suggestions that jumped out at me.

Do forum memebers get a discount on your t-shirts?

Thanks tmoore, it worked for me too, i don't know why it wouldn't load for him. Weird. I set up the actions right I think.

I just got the newest koolmoves upgrade today. I still had koolmoves 5. I'll look at the koolmoves movie player. It rocks you can import flv now

It would be pretty rocking to have the water animated. I didn't know koolmoves has particles. That could come in handy for many things. I'll have to look into it.

Let me know what shirts you want and I'll put them on sale for at cost when you're ready to buy. Just email me at countfrogula @ yahoo.com. I don't charge much over cost, I just want people to enjoy them.
    Dennis Borruso

www.penguinfrog.com

It great work friend, I like to myself your site, I use DreamWeaver me I like more that GoLive. To say to you that I use Firefox and the Slide Show is OK, problems do not exist. Congratulations.

thanks for checking byweb. I'm glad it's working. I was worried. I redid my movie page with koolmoves movie player. Check it out:

http://www.3dfrog.com/movies.html

Koolmoves has come a long way since I last used it with version 5. I am loving it.
    Dennis Borruso

www.penguinfrog.com

My site is www.Techvance.com. I had another man, (on another site) test it. He said the whole site was right-shifted. It shouldn't be. It should be centered. If it is still right-shifted, please tell me. Another comments, suggestions, are definitely welcomed. Thank you.

Not this badly, it you have to work more, especially the aesthetics, KoolMoves gives you mas possibilities, discover them. I would put a background more aesthetically.

The movie doesn't look right-shifted to me. Like byweb stated, spruce it up a little.
    Everybody thinks of changing humanity,
    Nobody thinks of changing himself.

byweb & nightcap, thanks for the input. I've modified the site. I tried to add more color and creativity. As you may have noticed, this isn't my strongest quality.

Hello, new website for 2008, all done with KM (all flash and all images), everything just embedded in the page. Let me know what ya think.

www.thesween.com

Cheers
    Steve
    Last edited by thesween; 01-13-2008 at 05:05 PM.

Hi Steve. Nice site and it fits your musical style very well. I like it.

Two things that I noticed:
    1. In order to see the whole page I have to scroll a little to the right. The page width exceeds the 1024x768 screen area of the notebook I'm working on.

2. When I clicked on the links that are supposed to take me to the lyrics of your 'Dead Silence' album, a long error message shows. The first part of the message:

Server Error in '/' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could not find file 'E:\Domains\thesween.com\wwwroot\Lyrics\itsoutther e.html'.

Nevertheless, I enjoyed reading about you and your music. Job well done.
    Everybody thinks of changing humanity,
    Nobody thinks of changing himself.