dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Site Check

Quote Originally Posted by Chipal
    here's a site I put together as a new Koolmoves user for a upcoming CD release.
    Nice music! I love your sound.

But I had some trouble reading The Story--I have a new monitor, too, but the text was too small for my old eyes. Single spacing, yellow on black, and the font contributed to the difficulty I think. Still, I am impressed.

Thanks

Thanks for the comments and review of the site, Jim. We're getting some nice reactions here in Chicago - and one from Japan yesterday!

I revised the "story" page - let me know if it's easier to read...

Regards, Bradley Williams

easier not easy

Yes, I was able to read it, even with the letters all drunken and wobbly. But I still needed to work at it, and wouldn't were it not for the KoolMoves connection.

I tell my English Composition students to remember that except for people like me who get paid to do it, no one is required to read what anyone else writes. Since the purpose is communication, you want to remove all barriers.

Besides, your music is so darn good it is hard to believe that anything other than talent and hard work are its cause. So the story doesn't add that much for me.

Lest you think I am completely without a sense of humor, I enjoyed the whimsy of the pic with fly swatter. Just enough "edge" for the kind of music it goes with, I think.

Blush

You're too kind...

but please don't stop.

BW

Hi guys can you check this site for me. The site and the product it describes are both built totally with Koolmoves.
    Cheers
    http://www.clik.to/trialshop

up to my .as in code Chris_Seahorn's Avatar
    See now If I site check it...people are gonna think because we are friends I'm being biased and the fact that it's friggin awesome will be lost with that assumption. Instead I have to sit here and watch.

Did I accidently get my opinion about the site in that? So Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke Laurie
    Hi guys can you check this site for me. The site and the product it describes are both built totally with Koolmoves.
    Cheers
    http://www.clik.to/trialshop
    Ok, I looked for things that I think are wrong. There is a popup warning at first. When you click on product pages you cannot read the print. And i do not see enough examples for people to buy. When I filled out the contact form, I pressed submit and got an email to open. So why two ways to enter info?

But the site looks good and I was knitpicking. viewed on 1024*768 in IE
    Any programming language is at its best before it is implemented and used.

Looks nice Stoke.

I'm nearing completion of http://expoagencia.com/ also a Koolmove built site. Mostly waiting on content and some graphic elements to finish it up. Also building a completey new Gallery thing, and a complete MySql Talent database interface.

These models kept popping up and distracting me...erm....

Looking good...simple...to the point ...original...colorful....bold is beautiful

mike

Quote Originally Posted by tmoore935
    There is a popup warning at first.
    Thats because in this example I use a bravenet free short url, and they kick up a popup for the service, on the completed project this will not be there, it will be a function of my main site.
    When you click on product pages you cannot read the print. And i do not see enough examples for people to buy.
    I deliberatly reduced the size of the image so that you get the feel without the detail.
    When I filled out the contact form, I pressed submit and got an email to open. So why two ways to enter info?
    It depends on your browser. I have included an e-mail link because some browsers do not support other methods, and I couldnot use our flash e-mail, because this particular host will not permit it. Again in the completed project on my own server this is not the issue. But thanks anyway.

stoke laurie
    You do not have to explain yourself, I was looking for things that i thought were wrong. Its a good site.
    Any programming language is at its best before it is implemented and used.

It depends on your browser. I have included an e-mail link because some browsers do not support other methods, and I couldnot use our flash e-mail, because this particular host will not permit it. Again in the completed project on my own server this is not the issue. But thanks anyway.
    Stoke I found a really cool PHP mailer that uses your SMTP server i.e. you can use your regular mail server that you use for your personal email. It's PHPmail look at http://www.phpmail.com/

I liked it.

Ive found a class used to send emails - i can find it if you want

that's what phpmailer is. I've looked at many of them and like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by blanius
    Looks nice Stoke.

I'm nearing completion of http://expoagencia.com/ also a Koolmove built site. Mostly waiting on content and some graphic elements to finish it up. Also building a completey new Gallery thing, and a complete MySql Talent database interface.
    I really like that see through look!

Bret noticed that a couple of the button texts "twitch" when you mouseover, is this a slight re-alignment in the frames? or is the effect intentional?

Bret noticed that a couple of the button texts "twitch" when you mouseover, is this a slight re-alignment in the frames? or is the effect intentional?
    Good catch. Shouldn't happen. Those are all the same library button. I need to fix another problem with the buttons anyway. Occasionly then the page loads the buttons are running without stopping (the bars is show that should only show on mouseover).

hi

now ill put something mine

www.jlcentre.yoyo.pl -> please comment, critic and do whatever you want (example username and password aaa,aaa - and forget about contents :] friend didnt gave me it and it doesnt look like hes going to give me materials this week)

Looks good. I didn't like the click sound though. Made me jump the first one I clicked