dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Site Check

Quote Originally Posted by blanius
    Looks good. I didn't like the click sound though. Made me jump the first one I clicked
    sound is quite funny :] firend wanted, but i wanted to make it... softer (?).. and have you visited photo gallery? Click beetween buddas eyes :] (not in Opera, opera doesnt support wmode... grrr)

Hi guys please check this out for me, its a template of a hybrid flash and html site that will be duplicated to create nationwide portals attracting advertisers.
    All flash has been built with km. Pleased with the search engine, dont forget to try todays free jigsaw!
    http://www.allabouthere.co.uk
    Last edited by Stoke Laurie; 09-27-2006 at 04:54 PM. Reason: forgot to include url!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nice site looking good

Again i am looking for problems. I did find the the nav can get a person lost with no way to the home page.
    Everything else looked right. See no problem with appearance.
    I use reolution 1152*864 and have very fast cable so I cannot comment on the loading.
    (The recipie with metric looked odd to me since I use english here is the USA. But thats me )
    Any programming language is at its best before it is implemented and used.

Home always available from link at top right, I thought , but I will check it. As for menues, know what you are saying, we were forced to go metric a few years ago by European Union, dont get me started!!!, the other day I bought some ply wood, I asked the guy about thickness, and he said it comes in 10 and 20 milemeter thickness, and the sheets are 3 feet by 6 feet or 4 feet by 10 feet!

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mark.cordon/ Be interested in your coments
    Oh have your sound on for full effect.

Cheers

Mark
    Last edited by MarkMason; 11-09-2006 at 01:08 PM.

Link should be this http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mark.cordon/

Mark I cannot get your page to load, it looks from your html page source that you have not used the page that Koolmoves created fro you because it does not call AC_RunActiveContent.js which is the small javascript file required for your upload.
    You need to export your fun file again, with html, and then look in saved folder, and copy the file above and your html page up to your server. You need not upload the swf again.

YIKES! It loaded ok on firefox, but Wow that was obnoxious sounds. It's a large movie so you should consider a preloader, I looked at a blank black screen for several seconds then was assaulted with a load sound that I quickly muted. The animation was fine, but if this is an INTRO to a website you might want to consider if you want to make the end user wait that long to get into your site.

I have to agree with Blanius MarkMason. Use a preloader and also change the font. And add a skip button. Get rid of the text effects. You are in the game for the fact that you have a site up and running. Great start and we can help in any way.

up to my .as in code Chris_Seahorn's Avatar
    I actually was expecting a full site so when it became apparant that this was the intro only I would have to agree with the others that it severely needs a "skip" button and either a faster framerate or the effect speeds themselves bumped up because it gives the impression that the site is dogging or running slowly.

Thanks for your comments.
    I understand what you are saying, However, I didn’t really make it clear what the presentation is for. It’s a project that we are working on for use as in-store presentations.
    For promoting services, store offers, and advertising products. The presentation will be made in Flash, and then shown on computer screens. Also good for window displays etc.

If it was intended for a website, I agree that it wouldn’t work particularly well. But I’m sure you can imagine the impact it would have for the above products. Any thoughts always appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Mark.

Vocalist Promo Site

ShelleyMacArthur.com

Been working on this sucker for a few weeks. Any reactions or suggestions?

Thanks,
    Chipal

Quote Originally Posted by Chipal
    ShelleyMacArthur.com

Thanks,
    Chipal
    Good job I believe. I like the homepage (the pics of her lying down). I watched the video, no problems there. Think she would send me an autograph pic?
    Last edited by tmoore935; 11-16-2006 at 08:06 PM.

Why not?

Go ahead - Send her a note through the site. With celebrity comes great responsibility....

EDITED. I decided to keep my thoughts to myself on this site.

Go ahead - Send her a note through the site. With celebrity comes great responsibility....
    So you never met her?
    A webmaster holds all responsibility.

No argument here, Chris (if I may be so familiar.) I have great respect for your depth and breadth. I always read your posts, grasping perhaps a fifth of what you're talking about - was hoping you'd take a look.

I am a fascinated observer-student of this board who gets a kick out of the unique mode of presentation the web offers. 10 years ago my first clumsy, old-school, HTML, also dabbling & now extinct website for my band took me and 12 of my musicians to Jerusalem and India.

Kind of like finding the mysterious magic spell book, messing around, and, poof...

And thanks for your menu code. I actually kind of understand it by now. Remus was very helpful in implementing his guestbook on this project, too. Even came back to check and see if it was working. I offered him compensation to no avail. Ah, chivalry.

Anyway - Koolmoves rules!

Fair enough. I was letting my craving for a cigarette dictate the tone of my original reply but got hold of my senses and edited it. Addictions are a b**ch

Remus is a good guy...lord knows I gave him his share of grief (yet another regret of mine). The site looks good man. The question is...what does she think?

ShelleyMacArthur.com

Hi Chipal, It is a beautiful site. Very professional, with an excellent sense (IMO) of aesthetics. Some observations:

1) The navigation buttons from the home page seem to persist in the other pages (even though they are not visible). When I move the mouse pointer over the curve where they were located on the home page, I see the pointer change to a hand. When I click, I change pages (there's actually a flash of the home page during the transition to the target page).

2) On the home page, the Contact link goes to the Links page.

3) On the Sounds page, the volume control slider and mute button in the media player console don't do anything - volume control in the bottom right controls sound.

4) On the Gallery page, mouse control of photo movement doesn't synch w/ < || > markers (center point is shifted to left). And there doesn't seem to be a perfect pause point (minor point).

In each section that loads, you need to make the bottom graphic an empty button so the buttons from the panel below it do not pick up the mouse events through the shape/graphic/image. That will clear up a lot of your problems.

For instance if you hit the "Press" button and the pic of the woman fades in and the three yellow text boxes fill....make that image of her at the bottom of that section either a clip or a button with empty functions/actions

on(press){}
    on(rollOver){}