A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Site Check

Thanks for all your +ve comments fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke Laurie
    Special for Bob Goodwin - In return for all your great work with media player, if you want to feature your band we will do it for free ...
    Sure, and thanks. What do I need to do?
    Bob Godwin

Just go to the sign up section, and complete all the details, and click, that sends me the email, you will then be taken to Paypal, just ignore that part. If you do that bit, ill email you back with the login for your pages.
    Cheers.

3º byweb site

Here they have other one of my web realized with KoolMoves. I hope that they like.
    http://www.arcoschapaypintura.com/

I like the design, but it would be nice if a button had some indication that it has been clicked. This way you make it more obvious what page you're on.

The animation at the top is a bit too flashy for me.

After clicking the buttons "motocicletas" and "restauración" for the first time, the images are not loaded and between the previous and next buttons it says "undefined". Clicking them a second time "solves" the problem. You may want to look into this.
    Everybody thinks of changing humanity,
    Nobody thinks of changing himself.

Also you should allow users to skip right to the menu. The intro stuff is ok the first time someone comes to your site but after a couple of visits it gets old really fast

There is a "saltar intro" (skip intro) text button at the bottom left blanius. It's the first thing I look for in any language when I get stuck in a Flash intro.

This is a very well designed and constructed site, and your style is very professional.
    One tiny thing is the car logos on the top banner move a bit quick and distracting when you are reading the page text.
    I would suggest that you include an email form rather than an email link, looks a bit more pro, and avoids problems with their email client. (adapt either Brett, or Chris's example in Kool exchange)
    Other than that Im sure your customer will be very pleased.

Thanks everybody for your commentaries. I will repair it of " Motorcicletas " and "Restaucion" the code not works well the file .xml. For the rest, the client want put the Banner in the head, my I do not like it but .... and he not want neither a form in the web. Thanks Laury for your comentaries and I sorry for the translate. I spanish.

no hay problema mi amigo, mi español desperdicios!

Other Site Kool

My 4º site made with KoolMoves. Atytsur. Thanks a NECROMANTHUS an WILBERT for your help.
    Last edited by byweb; 08-17-2007 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by byweb
    My 4º site made with KoolMoves. Atytsur. Thanks a NECROMANTHUS an WILBERT for your help.
    Very well done. I especially like the top menu with the red line following.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightcap
    Yes, is a great effect. I have to be grateful for it to NECROMANTHUS. Thanks for your comenntaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightcap
    Yes, is a great effect. I have to be grateful for it to NECROMANTHUS. Thanks for your comenntaries.

Trained Monkey
    I've been checking out a lot of these sites and I must admit, I am almost ashamed to put my sad, deformed, little display of narcissism among them, but I need the feedback. I would like to make a living with websites and I need to know if I have even a FRACTION of what it takes to make it. Please be kind enough to not make me cry, but firm enough to tell me if I'm a moron.

http://benign-design.net

BD, I think your site is fine. I wouldn't post prices myself but I know some people do. Look at sites you like and figure out how they are done then make one like it . Best way to learn I think.

Linda, take a look at recent threads here about illiminating the click to activate message. If you want my opinion, you are far too cheap, you will not be valued if you offer budget prices, only cheap people will buy, and cheap people are the ones who give you the most hassle.
    With 3 degrees in computing you clearly have the credibility to command a decent price.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke Laurie
    if you offer budget prices, only cheap people will buy, and cheap people are the ones who give you the most hassle.
    That's the truth Brother

Just finished looking at your site and I do have some well-meant remarks.

The used font - to me at least - is not easy to read when you are using small(er) font sizes. Examples of what I'm talking about are: "Support Forum" and "TechNotes Blog" on the first page. Unfortunately not everybody is blessed with 20/20 eyesight. I attached a small screen shot of that area.

The square, on the left, that contains the menu choices on your pages, has horizontal and vertical scroll bars? Maybe that's because my screen size of 1024x768 isn't big enough, but that really should not be a problem.

The Site Samples page goes way off screen to the right.

Maybe you could format the text on the Pricing page? It looks messy to me and rows and columns will do wonders.

Please consider my comments as a mere attempt to help you improve your site.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Nightcap; 08-22-2007 at 02:11 AM. Reason: Replaced JPG with GIF for a more realistic reproduction