dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 600 of 720

Thread: Site Check

  1. #581
    Senior Member byweb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Andalucia (spain)
    Posts
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by rin67630
    Really excellent design, indeed!

    I would love to get the same quality for my sites.

    Maybe he just a small improvement:

    Whenever you use a toggle information to start and stop something, prefer displaying "Start" and "Stop" over "On" and "Off" since the user do not know, if you are displaying a feedback status or command possibilities.

    Slide Show [on/off] is not clear!
    Slide Show [start/stop] is better.
    Switch Slide show [on/off] is also an acceptable alternative.

    Just my two cents.
    rin67630
    Thanks for your commentaries rin67630, I did not understand well to that you talk about in the case of improving, I have tried to translate it but profit not to understand it. Would like possible to be understood I it, everything what is to improve welcome is. Thanks again.

  2. #582
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by byweb
    Thanks for your commentaries rin67630, I did not understand well to that you talk about in the case of improving, I have tried to translate it but profit not to understand it. Would like possible to be understood I it, everything what is to improve welcome is. Thanks again.
    Anyone to explain him that in spanish?

    I could try in french or German, but it wouldn't help either, wolud it?
    Laszlo

  3. #583
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Plano Texas USA
    Posts
    82

    new site

    I just published the new daredevils music site, check it out. I want to thank
    everybody for their help, tmoore935 - pretty much all of the content is loaded from xml files - I learned from his work on koolexchange. Bret Lanius, for his help,for the cool AS photo gallery that he ported over from Kirupa.com and the form mailer from koolexchange. David Niezabitowski and Bret Lanius for the uploader, I used Davids' uploader and Brets' mailing process for this. Wilbert Brandts who answered questions and fixed many of my problems ! and anybody else who helped me.

    The site is totally koolmoves !

    www.daredevilsmusic.com

  4. #584
    Relaxing tmoore935's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    colorado, usa
    Posts
    1,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Putz
    I just published the new daredevils music site, check it out. I want to thank
    everybody for their help, tmoore935 - pretty much all of the content is loaded from xml files - I learned from his work on koolexchange. Bret Lanius, for his help,for the cool AS photo gallery that he ported over from Kirupa.com and the form mailer from koolexchange. David Niezabitowski and Bret Lanius for the uploader, I used Davids' uploader and Brets' mailing process for this. Wilbert Brandts who answered questions and fixed many of my problems ! and anybody else who helped me.

    The site is totally koolmoves !

    www.daredevilsmusic.com
    A link to the music so it could be burned to as CD would be nice. Better yet, compose a song called "Them Kool Moves Blues"!
    Actually this is the kind of music that seemd to be on all the time when I was growing up.
    Any programming language is at its best before it is implemented and used.

  5. #585
    flashfireworkz
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    out of phase
    Posts
    2
    one of the sites i worked on a bit.....work still in progress check it out and tell me what u guys think <a href="http://www.oxylusflash.com">Stock Flash Creators</a>

  6. #586
    Senior Member byweb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Andalucia (spain)
    Posts
    267
    Good Site and I like very much the music, congratulations.......

  7. #587
    KoolMoves Moderator blanius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    5,244
    Just finished up a little all flash site for a friend of mine...
    100% Koolmoves.

    Still have a couple of back-end things to finish for him for updating the site himself.
    http://jjhotsauce.com/

  8. #588
    Senior Member byweb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Andalucia (spain)
    Posts
    267
    Great work, Blainus. I like it.

  9. #589
    Ubi bene, ibi patria Nightcap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    GA, USA
    Posts
    184
    The site sure raised my curiosity. What is it about that J&J sauce? Gotta get some!

    A few remarks. The sentence "Our Sauce is also vailable at These fine Retailers:" doesn't wrap to the next line and is therefore only partially visible.
    *whispering* Also, add an 'a' to 'vailable'.

    The "sometimes it's hotter" website doesn't show when the link is clicked. You have to remove the "jjhotsauce.com" reference in the address.

    There are some issues with the tabs you are using in the list with vendors.

    e.g.
    publix store # 3316
    hwy 5 douglasville ga 30135

    Looks like this in my browser (IE7):
    publix store # 3316
    hwy 5 douglasvillega 30135


    If my remarks are part of the finishing touches you were talking about, just ignore everything I wrote.

    Everybody thinks of changing humanity,
    Nobody thinks of changing himself.

  10. #590
    KoolMoves Moderator blanius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    5,244
    All the text is from the owner. He is supposed to clean it up.


    I will check on the points you mentioned though as I can do that for him.

    Great hotsauce by the way.

  11. #591
    Ubi bene, ibi patria Nightcap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    GA, USA
    Posts
    184
    I hope the owner will be as thorough with his site as with creating the sauce.

    BTW Why not sell the sauce on line?

    I'll look for it at Publix and if they don't carry the J&J hotsauce, I'll give the manager the URL.

    Everybody thinks of changing humanity,
    Nobody thinks of changing himself.

  12. #592
    KoolMoves Moderator blanius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    5,244
    They were going to sell online but the they signed a deal with an online retailer that is handling it.

  13. #593
    That web bloke Stoke Laurie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    869
    Quote Originally Posted by blanius
    All the text is from the owner. He is supposed to clean it up.
    Welcome to the trap, they will never put the text right, you will have to do it, so you may as well do it now, because you will in the end.

  14. #594
    Ubi bene, ibi patria Nightcap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    GA, USA
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoke Laurie
    Welcome to the trap, they will never put the text right, you will have to do it, so you may as well do it now, because you will in the end.
    Hence my remark:

    "I hope the owner will be as thorough with his site as with creating the sauce."

    Everybody thinks of changing humanity,
    Nobody thinks of changing himself.

  15. #595
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Plano Texas USA
    Posts
    82
    checking out the site that bret did for J&J, I noticed they sold it at ACE Hardware - they use it to remove paint or what ? Some of that Habanero sauce is smokin' hot

  16. #596
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5
    Hi
    I built this site of my dog so family members accross the country can see him it also gave me the chance to play with koolmoves, its a very simple site but hope you like it.
    http://www.barneybeagle.com/
    P.S this is my first site check post
    Paldon

  17. #597
    Relaxing tmoore935's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    colorado, usa
    Posts
    1,713

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Paldon
    Hi
    I built this site of my dog so family members accross the country can see him it also gave me the chance to play with koolmoves, its a very simple site but hope you like it.
    http://www.barneybeagle.com/
    P.S this is my first site check post
    Paldon
    ruff fuff ruffruff ruff fuff ruffruff pant pant ruff fuff ruffruff ruff fuff ruffruff pant pant wag tail wag tail
    Any programming language is at its best before it is implemented and used.

  18. #598
    Ubi bene, ibi patria Nightcap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    GA, USA
    Posts
    184
    Nice site and a cute doggie. I'm sure your family members will also enjoy it very much.

    Me thinks that tmoore agrees in his post too?

    Everybody thinks of changing humanity,
    Nobody thinks of changing himself.

  19. #599
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    79

    ToeJoe Site

    Made this for a friend http://toejoe.net
    The KoolMoves KoolExchange is one KoolPuppy.

    E-Z Websites

  20. #600
    Ubi bene, ibi patria Nightcap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    GA, USA
    Posts
    184
    Love the blues! Nice web site Phil.
    Everybody thinks of changing humanity,
    Nobody thinks of changing himself.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width

HTML5 Development Center