A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Stuff made by a 14 year old kid!!!

Re: heh

Originally posted by Jeay
    Kids cant web design, prove me wrong by posting in here some sites that are made by 12->15year olds.
    I disagree with what you have said. I attend a high school that is ranked in the top 10 in the United States. I've met a number of talented young human beings. However, I am not one of them.

However, I do agree that most young persons do not have the ambition to strive for real goals.

Regards,
    Tommy H. (14)
    Flash Kit Moderator . Duke University
    Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology

I am concluding that Keith Peiris did not create that website. He is just the CEO (the celebrity).

Popularity stunt I would say...

Regards,
    Tommy H.

?

theres nothing wrong with a kid who's 14 years old and can design a website like that.. & what about the guy who graduated college at 10 years old.. there are really smart kids too and who are really good thinkers.. just that every kid is not one doesnt mean there are none.

Re: ?

Originally posted by lea66
    theres nothing wrong with a kid who's 14 years old and can design a website like that.. & what about the guy who graduated college at 10 years old.. there are really smart kids too and who are really good thinkers.. just that every kid is not one doesnt mean there are none.
    I certainly agree. Read my posts on page 2 of this thread.
    Cheers!
    Venio

If that kid's an indian, then that explains the whole of it...

Just checked out level103.com

Tell you what..its TERRIBLE !!!!! PROLLY MADE IT IN 1 fps...
    Last edited by nizamm; 12-03-2002 at 11:30 PM.
    What's that? You haven't seen my site yet?? Here you go - Click Me!

I would just like to say:

Don't say other peoples' work "sucks" if you can not even achieve it yourself. Maybe it just isn't up to your standards, that's all.

Cheers!
    Venio

Kult Factory Canada andrewBwinter's Avatar

Re: yeah right

[B]Who is the old dude next to him?
    Piere Petigrue(spelling?)
    Trade minister for Canada.

i would agree that its unlikely young people could create sites along the same caliber...THAT is NOT because they do not have the technical skills, because anyone of any ange can learn programs in the technical sense.

but as you become more and more exposed to the medium and everything else, you continue to refine your "aestheic eye", that is, your ability to tell what makes good design and what doesn't. I look back on what i did a couple years ago and can't believe i thought that looked nice. And hey, everyone is always improving, its just that it doesn't matter about your flash programming and animation skills. it matters how well tuned your sense of design is.

such a skill is not simply "learned" through a book or a couple days. it takes a while, which is why I would doubt that youngr people under the age of 16 have fully refined such a talent.

Originally posted by nizamm

Tell you what..its TERRIBLE !!!!! PROLLY MADE IT IN 1 fps...

I wasn't going to be so blunt. But exactly what I wanted to say. Oh, and the one who said 14 years olds can't design? That is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. Putting an age limit on creativity. I will quote you on that as well gimmie a little while.

Heh so just for curiosity when is one capable of design? at what age?
    Last edited by Divine Media; 12-04-2002 at 01:35 AM.

Re: heh

"The company's President, CEO & Chief Creative Director is an internationally recognized and award-winning designer, 14-year-old Keith Peiris of London, Ontario. The company has 10 highly qualified designers and programmers on staff."

There is no info about that the kid is a designer and how he started with web design there is only pictures him shaking with some old people, he he. I realy dont belive there is a kid that can design a site like that, it looks kinda good issent something to blow me away but when a kid at the age of 14years old make it it kinda blows me away abit, age maters ALOT guys. When I was 14 I was making out and partying alot,he he and beeing out side 24 seven.

If the kid designed the site by himself and made the sites in the portfolio, hands down to him, and if he continues he is going to be great web designer. But I dont belive he did it!

Kids cant web design, prove me wrong by posting in here some sites that are made by 12->15year olds.

Kids can't design hmm this kid is not younger than 15 but.. he only owned a computer for 4 years and this site was released when he was like 17... Looking at this site I am sure he was a doing a bit of design at 15. Not to mention this is one of the dopest sites I have seen.

Andru Pheonix
    entrance instructions.

click on the left of open.

enter any two numbers begining with (01,02,03 ect.)

click on the right of open.

Hey man when I was 11 I learned how to animate on the computer (I think it was Macromedia product to boot!). I made my first site when I was fourteen, sure it was no peach. But I knew more about the web than anyone in our town. Its not hard if you’re a drop out, have computer and a goal. But my point is the age is in your head. I’ve seen young people do amazing things much more than just site design. Any one who feels intimidated by child and needs to put down youth in general needs to grow-up! Surprise, when you where jerking in front of your computer he was learning. Kids are bright, they learn much faster, and are open, most of all in art and design.

I know young people that could design better and around same age, but im not going to name people or go into detail, because it will just send this thread more and more off the topic.

I dont see the point in all this, id like to remind you that this is a cool sites forum, lets talk about cool sites maybee? not bout some kid who has no relevance to jack

10 years old

Originally posted by pbleper
    Yeah, we'll make them eat their words ! Don't underestimate teh teenagers hehe..

Anyways, I don't know about this Keith Peiris dude. He's all popular and everything, but his skills SUCK. Like, come on... The site is ok, but nothing to get excited about.
    -------------------------------------------------------------->>>
    Forget Keith Pieris......
    This kid better than Keith Pieris.....Well, guys!! You lose.............!!This kid is not 12 or 15...........Read this!! It's 10 years old...........follow this link

Yep,...........pbleper is a great boy.....he has a site that won macromedia site of the day......So be afrraid, kid!!
    And yep.....don't mess with andru phoenix too.........Eric Jordan interviewed himm.............Well, guys!! u have a great talent.......so impressed me again with ur new masterpiece design..

cheers,
    -------------------->>
    Last edited by okifernandy; 12-04-2002 at 10:07 AM.

Feed me , **** me and shut the

daem

that http://jaijin.com/andru/ site is DOPE ass hell, or the animations are just crazy, loved evry seccond of it. But the kid is 19years old, hell he is older then me with 6monts or something. And the site wassent all that but the animations were all that and a bag of chips. Carzy..

Peace out

How many idiots does it take to close a thread?

Netizens never cease to amaze. Stop hating on the kid:

1. Yes, the site is decent. At the same time it is simple. However for a 12 year old, it's quite good work. I wish I had skills like that now. Additionally, you must keep in mind that it's a corporate site designed with a certain style. What do you expect? Flying text, perhaps? The kind that most of you STILL use on your eternally crapped up Flash intros.

2. But go beyond the site. The kid may not have done it, but a paid employee instead. So then what's impressive is the 12 year old being a CEO. That's quite an accomplishment. If you don't believe it's possible for a child to do great things (especially with the support of family & friends) don't worry. I don't blame you. I blame the extra chromosome.

3. I do recall seeing the work of 12 year old on FK that was pretty awesome to say the least. To say that a 12 year "can't do it" is plain stupid. Just because you were/are amazed by the capillary action of paper towels, don't think that all youth share your simplicity.

4. It may be stunt, side-show or whatever, but it's NOT unbelievable. As I recall 2 Canadian brothers started a Net company when they were 16 years old. Sold it for $1M at 18 years old and then founded a multi-million dollar company.

Some of you people spend too much time on FK just to piss on the efforts of others. Anybody worth a used GI Joe would have better things to do.

Torray, nicely said, but, why do you say to close the thread? I enjoy reading this stuff.. if you dont want to view the 'idiocy' just dont click on the thread :P.
    Witek Radomski
    Programmer and Sound Engineer
    http://www.surreal-media.com/

hey,
    um, the site posted being made by a 10 year old was www.melmade.com, right??...

either thats not the right link, or i don't know math anymore,
    but under the profile section in the site, the guy says he was
    born in 1970 -- so thats 32 years not 10...or perhaps its the picture of what looks like him at 10 years old that threw you off..

and why does this kid from cybertek keep on getting younger. first hes 14, now twelve... i remember reading similar posts about him saying he was that young--about 2-3 years ago!

ahahah

what a fruit

mine

this is MY first website.. which i made a week ago and i know it has stuff which i gotta fix.. and its not finished yet, only the photos page (heehee)

http://www.angelfire.com/rebellion/lea

i find it really fun makin em

Re: mine

Originally posted by lea66
    this is MY first website.. which i made a week ago and i know it has stuff which i gotta fix.. and its not finished yet, only the photos page (heehee)

http://www.angelfire.com/rebellion/lea

i find it really fun makin em
    What does this has to do with everything man?

PS nice chick