A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Stuff made by a 14 year old kid!!!

Re: heh

Originally posted by Jeay

Kids cant web design, prove me wrong by posting in here some sites that are made by 12->15year olds.
    just provin that wrong

This kid is not 12 or 15...........Read this!! It's 10 years old

heheh does it help the I act like Im 10... I probably should update that pic heheheh well I hope my stuff doesnt look like a 10 year old did it! I guess cause Im 32 its not as cool
    Didnt think anyone would think I was that young!
    Peece,
    Mel

Re: This kid is not 12 or 15...........Read this!! It's 10 years old

Originally posted by melmann
    heheh does it help the I act like Im 10... I probably should update that pic heheheh well I hope my stuff doesnt look like a 10 year old did it! I guess cause Im 32 its not as cool
    Didnt think anyone would think I was that young!
    Peece,
    Mel

HAHA 10! lmao

for the record kids... age aint nothing but a #
    it's all relative i started to get involved with flash "god bless her"
    3 years ago i'm 26 now....uhmm the next generation speeding up on me..
    fast.. real fast!
    PC-system: PC/486, 66 MHz, 16 MB RAM, Floppy-interface

imagination through stupidity
    ok guys, his father owns cyberteks parent company.. he is also funding cyberteks.. the kid is the CEO and plays around in the office.. they actually have a staff of like 2 decent web guys.. having the 14 yr old kid is just the biggest PR stunt..

Their work sucks anyways..
    Nothing to see here, move along.

imagination through stupidity
    Originally posted by Budget Nudist
    for the record kids... age aint nothing but a #
    it's all relative i started to get involved with flash "god bless her"
    3 years ago i'm 26 now....uhmm the next generation speeding up on me..
    fast.. real fast!
    thats me!
    Nothing to see here, move along.

the site is cool&I belive a 14 year old guy has designed it,but maybe it's me that the page of it looks sooo wide in my browser?!!

hmmm..maybe in america ur so dumbass that u can't do something when ur young but hmmm....let me show u a site..that was don by my classamte when i was in 7'th grade and he wasd 13 years old....not the best and lot's of typos bu still..the site is quite good...http://www.zone.ee/balduran/ the backround and all the **** exept music is done by himself....so what do u think of that site????
    don't drink water fish f00k in it

Innovative Design

WTF

Why cant it be a 14 year old kid?

Im 15 and I know PHP HTML FLASH JAVA AND DHTML I new all these when i was 13 So why cant a kid create a site like that?

But I understand why U idiots wont admit that the next generation is bigger and better. go back to your TV Reruns and Prune Juice.

Innovative Design
    Originally posted by zurm
    hmmm..maybe in america ur so dumbass that u can't do something when ur young but hmmm....let me show u a site..that was don by my classamte when i was in 7'th grade and he wasd 13 years old....not the best and lot's of typos bu still..the site is quite good...http://www.zone.ee/balduran/ the backround and all the **** exept music is done by himself....so what do u think of that site????
    Hmmmm. Listen Zurm I agree with U but the site u gave us sux. PLEASE is spelt Wrong U have a point but The site u gave us isnt valid proof.

I don't care if the kid is 14 or he is a 40 year old.

O.K. it's amazing to see young people do brilliant things. Some talented young people become better with age and others just go by the way side. Personaly I don't care if you are 14 or 40, if you are good you are good. Now,the site has elements that require good programatic knowledge. Pertaining to that I've seen younger kids do even more amazing things, especially in programming. These are people that have an intelligence and a predesposition to see things in a mathematical perspective that your everyday joe can't possibly comprehend. As far as the site is concerned I like it but I don't think it's cool sites material. whoever constructed this site I tip my hat to you. Well-done. Peace.

heh, people are worried that they'll be overtaken by younger kids. including me

look what a 15 years old did:
    http://johnsonwood.ipfox.com

I'm just making more fun out of fellow flashkitters

Anti-Bleh!
    "kids that are 14years old don't have a sense for web design, so I
    don't believe he has designed that site"

Jesus Christ who the **** do you think you are. What a dumb ****ing statement. I think its so funny to see how worried and uptight all the "veterans" get when someone mentions a young kid. Get a ****ing life before you start making such comments.

UnderTheSun: Don't badmouth others until you can post a site without textured buttons, terrible image compression, bad color schemes, and oh yes... javascript errors. No, I don't think I have anything to worry about if you make it into the design world.

Honestly speaking, I can almost guarantee that kid made this site; who else would have made it, and why would they have put his picture on there? The site is fairly sub standard, honestly. I am a little surprised at the cleaness of it all, but all it has is a menu with some roll overs, a less than decent logo, a distracting animation the kid probably got from FMC, and knows photoshop and flash decently (at least). I am 17 and could do much better. I guess that is 3 years, but what can I say. Anyways, I think he is really good for a 14 year old, but it isn't THAT amazing as to say that "I will believe it when he comes to my house and does it on my computer"

carlos

haha, its true...
    seriously though, im still waiting for a wicked ass site by someone young that will would hold its own with the other "coolsites" in this forum, that is sites without bad gradient usage and that are slow as hell which seem to be two things i often see in some of the above posted.

i have no DOUBT that people under the age of 16 can learn all those programming languages/ multimedia tools. i mean geez, ever see those brainchild kids that goto college when they're 10 or something? its not a question of can they produce something.

its a question of the design quality of what is produced. and this sort of critical skill is not something learned from a book (unlike programming) or picked up in a couple days. professional designers are always refining their sense of what looks good and what doesn't. i think that from the sites shown, the creators can obviously use the programs. but their sense of design is not up to the same level. this is more of an art than a mathematical skill, that can only be absorbed and developed over time, or with some intense instruction.

its not trying to hate on the younger people. its just how it works. but believe me, you will definitely be better off learning the programs early so a lack of knowledge in them will not hinder you later on in your creative endeavours and "design" explorations.

Re: ......

Originally posted by dyldebus
    UnderTheSun: Don't badmouth others until you can post a site without textured buttons, terrible image compression, bad color schemes, and oh yes... javascript errors. No, I don't think I have anything to worry about if you make it into the design world.
    that was the 3rd site made by the person ever, and was like 2 months after learning how to use flash. who was that person? me. more than a year ago.

I was just making a point, that too many people in flashkit has just shown, that they worry too much about talented kids. Why? Maybe because they have fear being overtaken by these kinds of kids, and they don't like it. These kinds of kids don't exist, because people are the same. The quality of a website only depends on few things: experience, effort & time, and dedication.

I am not bandmouthing other. Just making a point, that too many people worries. In fact, there shouldn't be any.

until you can post a site
    http://www.underthesun.coinc.info

Anti-Bleh!
    posted by stevietat2
    its a question of the design quality of what is produced. and this sort of critical skill is not something learned from a book (unlike programming) or picked up in a couple days.
    stevie - Very good point. I am in fact 14 years old, and often shocked at how poorly sites are designed. And it is true, generally they are done by young kids who just installed Flash, eager to use the wide array of hideous gradients, sounds, and other effects which only serve to annoy and use bandwith. However, the statement, "kids that are 14 years old don't have a sense for web design" was completely uncalled for. Is it fair for me to say that all old people smell?

I am 14 and currently producing a site which I believe will meet the professional standards. I have been using Flash since Flash 3, and over time, realized the delicate task of good web design.

George
    http://www.smuserver.net

flash 3 was like 5 years ago. uve been "flashing" since you were 9 or 10? ger.. my brother is 9 and still plays with pokemon. i dont think many other kids do differenly.
    maybe.

Anti-Bleh!
    yes. i started out watching my older brother play around with it, then when he left, took over.