My Website

Comments/suggestions please.
    Cheers

http://www.athreyachidambi.com

hi there,

the site is ok

the grey text on the red background is not so easy to read
    On certain points the contrast is wrong or to intense
    for example the contact page : black text , red backround , white form fields...

you use multiple fonts colours and colour styles
    maby thats why i didn't get the feeling of a site that is 1.

good work

grtz
    d
    Last edited by Hiperion; 12-02-2002 at 09:25 AM.

Yup

Thanks for that will keep that in mind!The animation is supposed to change when one refreshes the page it acts as a dual navigation.
    thanks once again

Swedish
    not enough contrast between #990000 (the dark red bg) and #999999 (the grey text).. please change it something more "easy-to-read".

Couple of other things... the loading progress bar is too big for the mask so just when you think you're nearly there you're only at 80% might put people off especially considering loading time. Another thing I noticed was the picture you did (of the tree-lined road in page 2 of portfolio) was supposed to use a ripple effect to make the picture 'come alive', it's nice but why not make it a picture of a brook or stream so that it looks a bit more life-like. Otherwise there's some nice stuff in there!

A Jamaican in Flash world

Suggestion

White text
    With you portfolio you could do some animation there like if a mouse over to one of the pic it automatically come up in the large box.
    Anything the mind can think, you can make it into a reality.

Secret Agent
    Since the text was already brought up I won't comment on the color, but, I might suggest a pixel font or turn off selectable on the text it will make it easier to read. The only other thing that really stood out was the hit areas on your portfolio, you can't click some parts of some the pictures, you might try invisible buttons over the thumbnails. Finally, for the motion photo experiment, roads don't move, mask it off or something.
    Final vote 7/10 A color change and a few minor fixes on hit areas would help.

thanks

Thanks everyone, maybe I'll look at a diff design....maybe completely flash, probably give me more freedom. Will def keep in mind these things.
    cheers

same deal here with the text, cant read your logo at 1024 res, also "about myself" is not proper english...the section should be called "about me"

cheers!

Secret Agent
    Actually, "myself" can be used reflexively as the direct or indirect object of a verb or as the object of a preposition. Basically, myself could be used in this case, in fact, it is proper english.
    About me is seen more often, however, it doesn't make it proper.

with all due repect, i disagree...while "about myself" may be passable, in this context it does not fit and just sounds awkward. If I remember my high school grammar course, the reflexive is to be used in conjunctions with an action. To use it as a title (which is a glorified fragment of a sentence) makes it unnecessary. I will concede that maybe it isnt something you must change, but something you should change.

cheers!

Secret Agent
    What have I done, an english second language guy starting a fight over proper grammer, bolt I agree with you, he should change it, but, if it is difficult doesn't have to do so. They wait till high school to teach you cases? Or was that just a figure of speach?

lol...it's a silly debate anyway

actually, high school is just the last time they impose those godawful grammar classes on the snoozing classroom populations. But I hear budget concerns are causing many schools to cut such basic courses. I weep for the future; two generations from now Americans will all be illiterate and overweight.

Regardless, I'm ready to close the book on this issue

pce!

Secret Agent
    Grammer is easy, it's that damn spelling, a rule for each word, what were they thinking. Dropping the argument now! Oh and sorry to the poor guy that ust wanted a site check. But, hey it kept you at the top for a while.