A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: What Is Wrong With This Site?

What Is Wrong With This Site?

WHAT DA HECK IS WRONG WITH THIS SITE? BESIDES THE INITIAL FLASHES ON THE small intro and the scroller not working perfectly?
    www.myrewards.us
    UPS' official RIPP-OFF
    See full complaint here > www.actionfx.net/complaint.htm

Swedish
    to much "I'm trying to do a site like 2A without having no idé behind"

to much?? to much what?
    UPS' official RIPP-OFF

y helo thar
    hey man, cool site, i saw an effect im dieing to do. The image scroll. I was wondering if you could hook me up with the code or send me the .fla. it would help me out a lot. Thanks - Jeff

aim : ballitup332564
    email : jeff@iremota.com

sure guy...
    you send me an email to chad@actionfx.net and Ill get your from my desk.
    UPS' official RIPP-OFF

1) I HATE HATE HATE the swish (is that what you used?) text effects on the page headings. Real cheesy. Just doesn't look professional at all.

2) Get rid of the arrows over the buttons when you mouseover. You already have animated buttons...why complicate it more?

3) I didn't like the ambient sound. It doesn't seem to go with the site. Seems like more of an afterthought than sound that belongs there...does that make sense? I am not saying that your site shouldn't have sound/music...just something more appropriate.

4) The text on the Attitude button looks different than the rest (italics, maybe?) It should be the same as the others.

5) Last thing. The image scroller is a very nice touch...i like it a lot, but you need to clean up your code a little. The mouse over effect doesn't work as it should (or at least as I think it should) It seems like your mouseover areas are in the wrong place. For example, you need to put the mouse above the confines of the scroll box to stop the scrolling. You should, at most, have to only go to the top 1/3 of the box in order to stop the scrolling, then go to the top to scroll the other way.

Other than that, I think you did a very good job. Sorry for being so critical, but I think this is good work, and can really be a lot better.

RH

thanks! Ill take this and use the advice.
    UPS' official RIPP-OFF

hmm,...what does it remind me of?
    looks like a bad attempt to copy,....what was the name of that site?
    hehehe,..

Here we go again. Look man, I had no intentions in copying 2A's web site. In fact the FX are way to little to even consider that. Every blip and blink is obviously copyrighted by 2a huhn? Maybe its because they get so many accusations on here that the 2As web FX is the only thing we can recall to add to our movies. Besides I bet when you get in bed you blink about 3 times and your body makes this popping noise like blip blip chooka!, and you wake up with a branded 2a logo on your for head.
    speaking of 2A. Pal your site is a mimic too. HAHAH you cant clown man. Your preloaders are lil flashin + signs....typical 2A adored. Not only that..but your transistions...even the opening of your site. All the lil masked fx that open your site. And that high pitch BLEEP Noise for your mouse over buttons. Gosh that reminds of ...whats that site..ummm t'mon its at the tip of my tounge
    hehehehehehhehehe sorry...I had a rough night.
    UPS' official RIPP-OFF

Hey man I checked your site for any jon openings
    Umm hire me I have great 2A talent
    now im feeling good
    UPS' official RIPP-OFF

Swedish
    Your site is a bad ass rip from 2A, don't like it at all.

And NO, you don't have "a great 2A talent"!!

You think?
    UPS' official RIPP-OFF

ok,..now i can see i hit somebody's nerve haven't i? hehe

quote"Every blip and blink is obviously copyrighted by 2a huhn? "

look,..i never said that,..and i absolutely hate when somebody compares anyones work to 2a, but in your case, come on, let's be honest, you ripped the thing off (or tried to).
    YOU RIPPED IT OFF,...i took apart your site, and 2a site,...took the sound only, compared the waves in soundforge,...IDENTICAL kid.
    It's one thing to "sound like" another thing to rip.

As far as i am concerned,...i've been in IT for about 7 years now, doing flash since ver 3, and no i'm no expert, but i do have a pretty good idea about design. I don't do flash for living, i do it for fun.

As far as the site you are talking about as being "mine" is concerned - that is the site of the company i am with, and not my personal site. And please, PLEASE show me what we copied.

A little spelling lesson,...
    quote:"you cant clown man."
    no,..true,..i can't clown,..but you sure can, clown and clone,..you cloning clown.

the comment about me going to bed, blinking,...i don't know whatever that was,...i'm not even sinking that low as to reply - that was stupid and immature, and obviously showing that you can't take straight up criticism without going ad hominem when you run out of arguments.

You want to work for us? Sure, no problem,...we currently have no perm positions, but have 17 freelancers working for as. If you can submit some ORIGINAL work to show us,...we would consider anybody who can do the job (i can see you're a bit on the younger side, so if you're under 17 we need parents/legal guardians written permission and a phone conv. with them to work).

take care bud, have a , calm down....what's up with all that anger inside of you? Don't worry, Santa'll get you a pony for christmass.

Keep working,...and you'll find it.(your own style)

PAHAHAHAHAHA lol phahahahahahaahahahah
    hahahaha pertty good

Not sure what you meant about the sound waves. There isnt any way you could compare sound waves because I got my ambience off of FK. If they have a site with that ambience please be sure and send it to me. What site did I rip from 2A. Any site 2A has done has multiple of effects. I have a few flashes...a few bleeps...a few graphics...and wittle effects.
    UPS' official RIPP-OFF

look,..doesn't matter,...you got too much of my time as it is.
    (btw. it was not the ambience sound,...it's the sound the comes up with the circular anim thing which u also tried to rip

look,..honestly, i couldn't care less if you admit it or not,...i don't give a damn,..i was just trying to make you understand that it is better to explore your own creativity and devlop your own stile than to try and copy someone elses. It is one thing to be influenced the other to be copying. Big difference.

Anyways, i had enough of this conversation.
    I'll let you believe whatever you want.
    Take care

Hey man, im just clowning around. I appreciate thanks!
    UPS' official RIPP-OFF

This site is a ****ty rip off 2A. The guy who made it TRIED to rip it off, but his lack of artistic design made it impossible for him to manage to mimic the masterpiece.
    Usage of arrows in all of your works is cheap you can't layout objects evenly on a stage and you can't give the atmosphere required for a site to look as a single piece.
    You have collected a groupd of special effects that prove nothing but your lack of personal skills. ORIGINALITY is what you have to learn.