A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Post a PIC of some 3D work that you are very proud of!

Post a PIC of some 3D work that you are very proud of!

ok obviously this has to be your work

it can be anything you want it to be

but post the picture so that people cant go around stealing the stuff you worked hard on....uhh unless you want them to

anyways, this is just a way of "showcasing" your best work - the stuff you are the most proud of

This was a project i was working on where i had to design a halogen light, This is my original design and what actually happens is the light is turned on and then reflects off the mirror onto the ground.

Hope you enjoy:

Modern Light Design

DigitalKaos - image created for a website user manual and design document. Supposed to be front cover-of-a-magazine type style. I like it

Transition/02 - image created for www.transition.org.nz.

Aboriginal Art - Assignment for uni. Plate created in max. Aboriginal art design was done in illustrator and then pasted on in Photoshop. The brief was to design a pattern of some sort of culture and apply it to an object. I wanted to do a plate, but didn't have a camera so I decided to create it in max. I was VERY happy with this image.

Lounge Room - Assignment for uni. not quite how I'd like it, but it turned out nice

Dreamy Pier - Assignment for uni.

All images were created in max. the three top ones were then heavily washed over in Photoshop. Two bottom ones are pure max.

hope you enjoy

nice work, per usual, chewy...

dude, I gotta get you to switch off ICQ. I'm no longer using it!

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

chewman2k - How did you add the wooden texture to the floor and the cloth texture to the carpet ( http://images.deviantart.com/large/d...loungeRoom.jpg ) ?? Just that im a newbie with max and ive not got the hang of materials yet

thnx

Originally posted by Daniellawson
    chewman2k - How did you add the wooden texture to the floor and the cloth texture to the carpet ( http://images.deviantart.com/large/d...loungeRoom.jpg ) ?? Just that im a newbie with max and ive not got the hang of materials yet

thnx
    hey mate, well if you want to know a rough guideline on how to use materials (ie images such as Jpegs as your material) click here. Someone asked a while back, so I gave them a guidline.

now for materials and the one I used. I can't remember where I actually got that one from. I think it was one that was already in max (ie in the maps folder) and then I saved another version of it and changed the colour and the size of it in Photoshop.
    If you want some wood textures then you can check out the ones over at the3dstudio.com. They've got a whole bunch of other ones too.

thanx alot

Originally posted by Daniellawson
    thanx alot
    no probs mate, just make sure when you make stuff that you're proud of, post it here.

3D Professor
    Grant, 3D Professor
    Can you see beyond 3D?
    3D Theory.com

FK's resident Kungfu Master
    hmmm... flashkit has changed a bit since i been here... i missed the bright yellow hehehe...

anywayz... here's one i made in Rhino... quite like how it turned out... rendered with HDRI...

....i would suggest no one mess with him, hahaha
    Chaos= Religion+Humanity

hehehe... that's just a .38 Taurus snubnose... i haven't shown u the .50cal Barrett sniper rifle yet

Originally posted by phlegm_thrower
    hehehe... that's just a .38 Taurus snubnose... i haven't shown u the .50cal Barrett sniper rifle yet
    please do

there ya go... a .50cal Barrett sniper rifle

nice

i like that better than the pistol - the pistol is too shiny, too reflective - make the metal on the pistol more dull - like blur the reflections