A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: quality graphics

Unhappy

i am having real trouble .. i think i must be missing some important feature .. i`m trying to make rectangular buttons with rounded edges like
    http://www.matinee.co.uk/fr_nmd.htm

i create them in psp 5 and paste them into flash 4 .. the quality is really bad .. is there a resource site i can get them from or am i doing something wrong

------------------
    24 hours in a day
    24 beers in a crate
    coincedence ??

Generally speaking.. it's best to draw whatever you can in Flash or another Vector-based drawing program. Bitmap graphics are a "last resort". If you must use bitmap graphics.. than I recommend not allowing your movie to scale itself.

There are exceptions, of course.. Bitmap graphics can be used very effectivly, even in a scalable movie, but it's a tricky business..

------------------
    Scott Richards
    http://www.rjscs.com/scotty
    scotty@rjscs.com

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Wink

The answer your looking for is to double click on the rectangle tool and you'll see a box open that says corrner radius. Just set the amount you want the radius to curve the corrner then drage the tool on your screen. and you have the shape you wanted. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.

in the website you mentioned, the "rectangular button with round edges" are made in flash.

Talking

CHEEERS POPE ... Thats exactly what i wanted

thanks to everyone else for there tips too