A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: high contrast video tricks

high contrast video tricks

egomedia.com (one of the coolest all time web sites) used to do a trick with their videos where they'd make them dual color and high contrast. you can see it if you go into their classic version of their site.

i was wondering if anyone could shed some light on an easy way to accomplish that look. i used to see it a lot, which leads me to believe its not too difficult, and it looks so darn cool!

Wildform Moderator
    Hi.
    You can do it in Flash by using the trace bitmap function and going through frame by frame to convert it to a vector based image (or converting your video to a sequence of images first and then tracing each image individually). There are a number of other software options that will allow you to convert it that way frame by frame, such as Adobe Streamline.
    There are video programs that have various filters that can create that look (such as Premiere and After Effects), but then they are videos and not vectorized animations that can be scaled to any size and played in the Flash player.
    If you want an easier way to do it, our software, Flix Pro, will automatically convert any video to a vector based animation, with its automated tracing feature, that can be used in conjunction with video filters to accomplish what you are asking about.

jb
    http://www.wildform.com

super-senior member
    you can also export your movie in Streamline as a batch (yeah- also frame by frame, takes ages) and afterwards import it straight away into MX ... problem solved- takes 5 minutes & flash will extend your timeline with the frames needed
    http://www.adobe.com/products/streamline/main.html

s
    -----------------------------
    © year 1974

thanks,

we use a lot of final cut pro, and we recently bought squeeze. do you know of any way to do it with those programs?

wouldn't tracing bitmaps of each frame be pretty big?

super-senior member
    i use premiere and afx- maybe this will work 2;
    try the contrast color settings-play with them in FCP and maybe you can have a similar effect in the quicktime you can export- import the qtime into mx-

there's a streamline mac version- i suggest to download a trial and try it the batch way because you will have vectors and the result is much stronger then using the other way ( contrast settings etc .... ) -- the fact that you have a FCpro-copy means that you are working on a G4, streamline really flies over the batch in n o time

goodluck with it !

sven
    -----------------------------
    © year 1974

thanks alot... very useful info!!!