A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash SWF control

Flash SWF control

Ok, I got my first question answered (thanks to RoyalW!)

Tell me, is there a way to fast forward or rewind a SWF other than using Ctrl-> or Ctrl<-?

The basic controls are often too slow. What if I'm at frame 780 and want to get back to frame 200?

I know there's something about bookmarks, but is there another way that's similar to a VCR control?

Anyone?

-Travis

if you want to get back to, or forward to, a specific frame, create a button with this AS:

on (release) {
    gotoAndPlay(35);
    }

where the number 35 is replaced by the frame number you are trying to get to.

This will JUMP the movie back or forward to that frame. It will not quickly reverse (or forward) the movie to the appropriate frame allowing you to see the movie move fast. How this is done, I don't know.

Thanks Yendor,

That should work close enough. I suppose I could place them every 20 frames or so and just click through the SWF.
    How does the onRealese function work? Is it a mouse click or any keyboard click?

If I have 12 different frames tagged, can I click to go forward and click something else to go backwards?

I don't know about the keyboard click, but if you put that code on a button, it will work when the button is clicked.

I think you will need a different button to send the playhead to each specific frame you want to reach. There MIGHT be some code that tells the playhead to go back or forward "x" frames, but I don't know what that is. If it exists, I'd love to see what it is.