A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would alot of people be interested in making a short "movie"??

The Official Flashkit 3D Movie - Updated

okay, this would just be for fun...and if it is good enough, maybe we can enter it in some kind of competition

what i am thinking is, we decide on a topic, then we create a short story on it, and we break up the parts and we all design different parts of it (of course anyone can help on any other part as well, if the person needs it)

what do you guys think?

it could be done in either max or maya, whatever the majority has (prob max)

if you guys like the idea but want to expand on it, please give me some suggestions

so, would anyone be interested?
    Last edited by mouse111; 12-15-2002 at 01:34 AM.

this is actually a very awesome idea..each part of the movie has its own style...or perhaps the story is short and each person makes their own version of it..but one long movie with each doing different parts is cool..a very good challenge for learning the software we have..

if this is well thought out i am in..
    Chaos= Religion+Humanity

I'll help.
    Hello.

well so far we have 2 vary good 3d artists, so i think we should start planning

lenght?

scenes?

storyboard?

main idea?

perhaps we should just throw out some ideas now and see what would work best

(was just watching Monsters Inc.......WOW...i love that movie its amazing - its really inspiring)

edit: i dont think we should put much of a time limit on how long it takes us to do this, that way we can make the movie longer, and we can make it the best that we can do
    Last edited by mouse111; 12-07-2002 at 12:39 PM.

yea with 3 people so far time is not something to worry about..might take a while

my interests: THE FUTURE! anything dealing with new technology..perhaps throw some holographs or something semi futuristic in there

person weakness: i am also a newbie at 3d so it might take a little extra time to create stuff from scratch in my 3d app. but with time i might learn new things

personal strong point: graphic interfaces...

(i am getting adobe photoshop 7 in the mail today so i am gonna mess with that and maybe be able to make better materials for 3d)
    Chaos= Religion+Humanity

Maybe we could to the short film at www.rogotworld.com ,mouse. It already has a story and soforth. You, Vatcher and I could start some preliminary modeling and design. What do you say?
    Hello.

don't wanna make our own story-line?
    Chaos= Religion+Humanity

If you can do the story and concept design. I only model, animate and render.
    Hello.

lets all post our software apps so we have a rough idea of what we can deal with here

Vatcher's software:

- 3ds max 5
    - after effects 5.5
    - swift 3d MAX v.2 plugin
    - flash 5 / mx
    - plasma
    - character studio 3.4 (not sure how to use this yet)
    - photoshop 7
    - brazil r/s 1.0.5
    Chaos= Religion+Humanity

i have

max 4.2
    max 5
    swift 3d v.3
    flash 5 and mx (although in a 3d movie i dont see how this would fit in)
    i can get a hold of lightwave if needed
    and i have maya 4.5

do you guys have IM at all? - i have icq, aim, msn and yahoo - i think its much easier to communicate like that, than it is in here

of course we will still post updates in here

WMLeebo.....the rogot idea is good, but i think it would work best if we create our own story line as to how we want it to be. our movie will turn out best if we create it from scratch, the way we want it

we can all work on an idea, and then one or 2 of us will come up with some drawn sketches of things....Vatcher can you sketch (like comic book style?) if we have a sequence of events, then it will be easier to model and animate

WMLeebo, its good to have someone who really knows what they are doing in modelling and animating....you could be "head" of that section if you want, since Vatcher said he was a beginner, and i am not too experienced myself

anyways - let me know - post your contact info (like instant messengers) if you have
    Last edited by mouse111; 12-07-2002 at 03:52 PM.

I will always be a beginner in modeling. I have never had any training, so everything I know is self-taught.

Progs-
    3ds max 5
    __Brazil r/s
    __Character Studio
    Maya 4.5 Unlimited
    __Renderman 11
    Photoshop 7
    _DeepUV

Winamp
    Hello.

Ok...I am going to give this story thing a stab.

[Warning...Everything from this point on is a suggestion. Nothing is carved in stone.]
    --RENDERING--
    I want the rendering to have a unique feel about it. Something that is not done very often and is very unique. I have been doing some experiments on this and will get to you in a few.
    --ANIMATION--
    We are going to need some more people. Try recruting from other sites you talk on. I am ok at this. But I only know the tip of the Iceberg.
    --MODELING--
    This I can do, but I am extremely slow. I hope you guys are not on some type of time limit.
    --CONCEPT--
    Try to recruit some people in the Art and Anime forum.

To be continued....
    Hello.

Originally posted by WMLeeBo
    I will always be a beginner in modeling. I have never had any training, so everything I know is self-taught.

Progs-
    3ds max 5
    __Brazil r/s
    __Character Studio
    Maya 4.5 Unlimited
    __Renderman 11
    Photoshop 7
    _DeepUV

Winamp
    heh yeah most of us are self-taught

well anyways i still think it would be easier to discuss things over a different means, since forums are much slower than IM's, and we all wont be on the forums at the same time

so i will post up my stuff

msn: greeny2000k@hotmail.com
    aim: grinning bunny
    yahoo: dgreenberg98

Originally posted by WMLeeBo
    Ok...I am going to give this story thing a stab.

[Warning...Everything from this point on is a suggestion. Nothing is carved in stone.]
    --RENDERING--
    I want the rendering to have a unique feel about it. Something that is not done very often and is very unique. I have been doing some experiments on this and will get to you in a few.
    --ANIMATION--
    We are going to need some more people. Try recruting from other sites you talk on. I am ok at this. But I only know the tip of the Iceberg.
    --MODELING--
    This I can do, but I am extremely slow. I hope you guys are not on some type of time limit.
    --CONCEPT--
    Try to recruit some people in the Art and Anime forum.

To be continued....
    time is not an issue for me - and vatcher said earlier that time is no prob for him

we can all think up of a story - i think we should make it an animated story (like not try to make it as realistic as possible - sure pay attention to detail and physics and stuff - but i dont think we should try to make whatever we do, like real life)

i am just gonna refer to Monsters Inc. cause i love that movie and its a good example - i think our movie should be of that sort - not extremely realistic - the kid does not look exactly like a human

anyawys, what do you guys think?

Awaiting Autherization on icq Mouse111
    Hello.

Maybe we could create a Clay type world. Example in pic

Hello.

is that just a special texture?

theres always the ink n' paint material..or brazil toon
    Chaos= Religion+Humanity

Yes, just a texture.
    Hello.

UPDATE

ok - sorry for the inactivity in the thread, we have done lots of discussing off the forums

we have come up with some ideas - but until WMLeebo knows them and agrees to them, then they will not be finalized yet

the setting will be a futuristic setting - although it is much more complicated than this, that is all i can reveal at this moment