A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Smoother finished product

Smoother finished product

I've admired SwF Studio, Flash Studio, and may other semi 3rd party tools.. however, last time i checked on these, i still noticed the slight (sometimes on certain systems, heavy) change in animation quality.. less smoother movement and slower too..

Has this been resolved yet by any of these Flash tools on the market?

Just asking.

I can't say if it has been resolved, but I can tell you why it happens and what you can do in devlopement to check for it. All of the tools use the Flash ocx to render the animation. The ocx is a little bit slower than using the standalone player, so you tend to notice a playback difference when testing the same movie using these two players. The best thing to do would be to test you movie in the IE instead of testing it in a standalone. As IE uses the ocx.
    lesley paone
    www.aritali.com

Thanks cyber.. but the thing is, my animations are quite alrite on browzers. really smooth.. it's just that, when I "build" the projectors witht the tools, everything slows down.

Hey Tea-J,

Try this with Flash Studio if you don't plan on using any of the FSCommands - create an offline HTML page with zero borders and insert your SWF file. Then create an empty SWF with the flashstudio.browserload commands to load the html page into the Flash Studio Projector - so in essence you have a custom wrapper playing your SWF in a browser window - should help to speed everything up!

Ofcourse, you won't be able to use the fscommands in that embedded movie, but it's a work around if you just need a speed boost...hope it helps.

hm... VERY INTERESTING.. how compatible is this HTML in PROJECTOR thing?? If you embed HTML in the FLASHSTUDIO Projector, would the client need the plugin? (im using this on CD presentations)...

FS COmands isnt a problem since i'll have it from the projector, not in the html.

Hi, the only condition to this is that the user requires Internet Explorer installed - but this is installed by default on all machines that have Win98 and up as their OS. Hope this helps!

cool

Jace Masula
    if you want to see an example of a browser created with Flash Studio Pro... go here

http://phoebusmedia.com/flashstudiopro.asp

there are also other examples of what you can do with FSP.

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar
    Hi Tea_J... For the browser in a projector solution the client WILL need IE installed and they WILL need the Flash plugin (OCX). IE uses the OCX to play your movie so there's no way to get around that requirement.

another tool

another tool - SWFKit,different from SWF studio or flash studio, SWFKit uses script instead of fscommand to develop app ,maybe script is more creative than command.

enjoy it

download url: http://www.swfkit.com