A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Corporate image questions

Corporate image questions

Hi, recently I have partnered up with a friend to make a design company. We have decided on the name Industrial Addicts, and are in the process of making our logo.

SO far we both like a particular design which features a large shiny needle and the words Industrial Addicts below.

The question I have is basically will businesses feel offended or put less trust in our company if we use this logo (references to drug use) note the needle is a huge old-school metallic type one not a typical druggo syringe.

Attached is one of our earlier designs. We are also thinking of adding either blood splatters or a pool of blood somewhere.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "If knowledge is power, then to be unknown is to be unconquerable".

I thinks the needle is ok to use but I would definately steer away from the pool of blood. That text seems a bit awkward to me though.

That logo, and the metal needle look good.

What strikes me as wierd is that you are concerned about a potential client's opinion of your using a needle in the logo, and at the end of what you wrote you say you are thinking about blood or a pool of blood.

Blood is cool, about 99% of the time, but how would blood succesfully represent your web design company?
    If you don't have an answer to that, or can't think of a million reasons why it wouldn't be good to use blood, then don't use it.

good luck,

mg33
    The Atlantic Divide My band here in Chicago, USA. || We also exist here on myspace: myspace.com/theatlanticdivide

Yea thanks for that guys. I was my partners idea to add the blood. The only reason i can think of is that it might add a 'coolness' factor and the deep red offsetting the chrome but meh i see where u are coming from with the relevance to the company.

Thanks again for ur help
    "If knowledge is power, then to be unknown is to be unconquerable".

I don't know about having the needle or the blood as part of the logo but maybe having it as part of an advertising campaign.

If you were going to use might be a good touch to have 'industrial' engraved down the needle, just a thought..
    Last edited by toony; 12-10-2002 at 06:31 AM.