A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: music community

music community

Chaotic City is a Birmingham (UK) based online music community. The site that we have at the moment has much functionality and works fine, but does not look so hot. All of the ASP was really written first before the look was sorted out. This design was what was done to get the site up and running and so we spent minimum time on the layout and look.

The general feel is there with the site but we want to make it a little easier on the eye.

We are currently doing a number of redesigns but I would like to know what you people out in Flashkit land would do to the present design, to just tweek it a little. Also any ideas for extra functionality are welcome too.

www.chaoticcity.com
    They say that time will make this all go away, but it is time that has taken my tommorows and made them into yesturdays.

www.ijustworkhere.co.uk

i don't know waht to say.. it looks like very basic design, like the one we saw in the internet a few years ago.

i think you should have a look at other community sites and get inspired.

Enter the Flash Dragon Prototype3X's Avatar
    Originally posted by nayades
    i don't know waht to say.. it looks like very basic design, like the one we saw in the internet a few years ago.

i think you should have a look at other community sites and get inspired.
    You are so right!!

You have got a post back one weak thing, second thing try putting R&B and Hip-hop selections. i hardly know any artist that is in there. put something more famous, and more groovy you know what i mean!.
    MY OTHER HAIR doo IS AN AFRO

I need to explain about the design. There are 3 of us that run the site. I'm a designier but the other two are more techies. They basically built the site while I was doing my last year at uni. They did enough so that the site ran. At the time I just did some of the icons and bits like that. Now I have finished I have the time to work on design. We are planning a fairly major over haul of the actual look but want to keep the same feel, of this underground, not polished and slick, web site. Granted at the mo it looks a bit unprofessional, as opposed to underground.

You have got a post back one weak thing, second thing try putting R&B and Hip-hop selections. i hardly know any artist that is in there. put something more famous, and more groovy you know what i mean!.
    Once on the artist section there are headings for general music types and then a one or two word 'further' description, next to the artist. Under the top frame there is a menu to choose how you want the search the artists, by name, track name. If we gave a 'type' search then that would kinda duplicate the first and main artists page. Point taken though that maybe this should be clearer. Unfortunatly we have very little or no hip hop and r'n'b at the moment. The circles that we generally move in, for promotion and such like, are more to do with drum & bass, breakbeat & electronica. We are trying to expand our artist and user base so this will hopefully be rectified. The reason that you have not heard of anyone is that all the music here is unreleased by pretty much unsinged artists. That is the point really.

Didn't mean to make that last bit sound like I was having a go. I just read it back and it sounded a bit like I was. But no time to rewrite it.

They say that time will make this all go away, but it is time that has taken my tommorows and made them into yesturdays.

www.ijustworkhere.co.uk