A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: can u : dynamic button creation

Arrow

can someone help or tell me if i trying to achive the impossible..

I have a multi level flash design i am doing

- Menu 1
    |- option 1
    | option 2
    |- option 2 sub menu 1
    |- option 2 sub menu 2

so on clicking to get the menus i would like to know if i can create a navigation header bar which basically show the following..

menu : option 2 : option2 sub menu 1

then on clicking on menu or option 2 or option2 sub menu 1 it jump to the correct scene ..

the button can be called dynamically from variables in the buttons. i have tried to make a text field box with a variable

the problem i can see lies with having different size menu names some long some short and having it butted up to each one with a : between...

any ideas..
    fla, and links welcomed

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Cool

Why dont you build it as a drop down, that way you dont have to worry about the size of each button. The top level for each section would only butt up against each other. The lower sections with longer names would only appear when you first select the top area. Then just do the action scripting as you suggested. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000100.swf" quality=high WIDTH=375 HEIGHT=75 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>