A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: new version 2

new version 2

I have just completed a new look (although on the same theme as version 1)

and I have added a html version also (95% complete)

I need ideas on how to get the iframe to scroll in NN6 tho? anyone help with that?

any thoughts or comments most welcome

http://www.jonbritton.co.uk

regards
    Athlon XP 1800+, 1024mb, Win2K, IE6

"Flash (n.) A sudden and brilliant burst, as of wit or genius; a momentary brightness or show"

www.bs3media.co.uk - freelance design and development [bristol uk]

looks good, but......

I like the look to your sire. It is very original. However, the actual screens that look like the computers desktop are a bit cluttered. I would consider making some of the icons smaller.

It loads fast and your work is nice. I'd say everything is pretty cool, just the icons are too big.
    Poorhouse F/X

you need to set the 'resolution' of your imaginary desktop larger, to make it less cluttered.

forever depreciated™ aaron.martone's Avatar
    It seems to be a case of designer vs developer. The design skills are a bit lacking, however you have prominent developer skills. Windows based GUI makes navigation excessively easy and the navigation is laid out very well. May want to develop your graphic and vector based art for a more photorealistic feel.
    (am)™ :: aaron.martone ::
    http://www.aaronmartone.com

"I see in layers; I think in ActionScript; Life is my animation and animation is my life.... oh, and I like corn dogs."

chatbugs.com ***** flashTampaDotCom's Avatar
    I think Jonny has a real nice approach going on with his site. It looks really "fresh and new".. not the same old rehashed styles of most all other sites.

Aaron..
    May want to develop your graphic and vector based art for a more photorealistic feel.
    How can ANYONE achieve a more photorealistic feel using vectors??? that is such a contradiction. There is NOTHING photorealistic about windows or mac desktop icons. Sorry but that statement is out to lunch.

Keep up the excellent work, JB..

I second that, besides not every flash site has to have vector stuff to look good. All vector does is slow down the loading time, when you are running something professional you HAVE to have a fast loading site, or they will just get tired of waiting. (BTW, that doesn't apply to you JB, I was just making a point because I'm so sick and tired of people thinking you HAVE to have vector art, or it isn't a site)

ctranter res issues

quote 'you need to set the 'resolution' of your imaginary desktop larger, to make it less cluttered'

In essence I agree with your thinking, the reasons behind not doing so

I have used the largest available swf dimensions (height especially) so there is not a scrollbar @ 800 x 600 res

I know I could specify the swf as a percentage within the HTML, but some of my images are raster and they looked awful at high res.

Anyway thanks to you all, glad I'm not too far off the mark with it

Jonnyb
    Athlon XP 1800+, 1024mb, Win2K, IE6

"Flash (n.) A sudden and brilliant burst, as of wit or genius; a momentary brightness or show"

www.bs3media.co.uk - freelance design and development [bristol uk]