dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: One theme for each resolution?? :(

One theme for each resolution?? :(

Hey! I'm creating a site for Flashers like us, and I need a way to get around having to create a theme for each resolution. I took a poll, and, basically, what I got was that there's about 10 different resolutions that you people are using out there! Any suggestions on ways to get around this?

Thankyou for your time,
    Furry
    Code:
      hobby = webDesign; waitYears(3);
      job = webDesign; this.love(job);

Senile member! :)
    The best way, I think, would be to use vectorgraphics as much as possible. the advance of vectorGFX is that it scales without quality loss. Another advance is that Flash handles vectorGFX alot better than bitmaps.

Another way is to make the movie fit the minimum required resolution, often 800x600, and then have a blank border around it that scales with the resolution. But this can look pretty ugly on higher resolutions.

/Mirandir

You're saying that I should have the scale option under the publish settings set to 'Show All'? That would make the whole thing really small, if my height is set really big.

BTW - what's the difference between 'No Border', and 'Exact Fit'? They both seem to work the same as 'No Scale'.

Thanks,
    Furry
    Last edited by Fat_N_Furry; 12-14-2002 at 03:42 PM.
    Code:
      hobby = webDesign; waitYears(3);
      job = webDesign; this.love(job);