A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: flash for cd distro

flash for cd distro

Im working on a cd distrubution of some software and would like to use flash for the navigation....Looks and woorks good except for when I want to install a software I get the save as or open from location promp as when you download software from the net...Is there anyway to avoid this when a link points to an executable?

Re: flash for cd distro

Originally posted by tomkat42
    Im working on a cd distrubution of some software and would like to use flash for the navigation....Looks and woorks good except for when I want to install a software I get the save as or open from location promp as when you download software from the net...Is there anyway to avoid this when a link points to an executable?
    You need to make a projector and use FCommand.

3dfa Supports FSCommand but not projectors. There was a thread not too long ago about making projectors without FLASH.

Check the Macromdia site for FsCommand syntax for projectors
    http://www.macromedia.com/support/fl...ionary372.html

My experience with the fscommand is very limited to say the least! Are there any examples or tutorials available for using the fscommand in 3dfa?

Originally posted by tomkat42
    My experience with the fscommand is very limited to say the least! Are there any examples or tutorials available for using the fscommand in 3dfa?
    I'd suggest looking on the macromedia site for help with the FScommand. It's not well documented in 3dfa.

It does two things
    [list=1][*]Send commands to the javascript in a page ( not well implemented in some browsers)[*]Send commands and set options for the projector[/list=1]

The commands listed in 3dfa are (all of which are projector commands)
    Quit - Exits projector
    Fullscreen true/false - expand movie to fill screen
    Allowscale true/false - Whether the use can rezise animation
    Showmenu true/false - Show projectors menu, i.e. File Help etc.
    Exec - Execute command line. This one allows running of external programs exec is followed by a command line to execute.

I reccomed not using FSCommand for talking with the browser javascript as it is not cross platform compaible an it is much easier to do it yourself via the OpenUrl command