Hello.

Thanks to the fantastic level of support I had from all you guys on the boards, my new website is up and running at www.catalyststudios.co.uk - but there's one bug I'd really like to fix.

When a user visits the site, they get (in theory) a chance to view one of 7 different intro sequences. The way it's laid out is that there's an action on the first frame of the main movie which instructs Flash to play a frame at random from the first 8 of the movie (gotoAndPlay(random(8)) or something). On each of these frames is an action telling Flash to load in an external .swf to a named holder instance on the stage. So far, so good - indeed, the movie works fine when testing it through Flash and as a published .swf file.

However, on publishing it on the web, I've noticed that no matter how many times I refresh the browser or even force-reload the movie (shift and refresh), the only intro that will load is the one whose load command is residing in the first randomly-selected frame. If you trot along to the site and check it out, you should soon see what I mean.

What have I done wrong? Is there an error in my actionscript? Or is this problem occurring because of the way browsers cache .swf files?

If anyone could help me out, I'd much appreciate it - especially as you've all be so good to me so far!