A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shiny Metallic look

Shiny Metallic look

Does anyone know how they did the animation in this logo? I have seen this sort around...i want to make something like it for my logo. http://www.2advanced.com/flashindex.htm Thanks.

I dont know an awful lot a bout Flash, but I know that in order to recreate that same effect, you should be looking for tutorials on masking

Pete

thanks pete

yup qetret

you are right it is simply made with some line and masking

Okay, its done by using fireworks / photoshop (i recommend FW for this as the png compression is better)

create your gradient masks in fw/ps then export them as png's with the transparency set on.

use the pngs as masks and this should give you the effect.. if you dont have a clue what ive just said because i dont, i'll just very quickly create an example in fla format
    Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited, Imagination encircles the world.

Yo F-2000, dude what a site!!!!! love the into thats AWESOME!>>!

dont you use this effect in your into? or it just a normal block masking on a high frame rate which does that for you?
    Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited, Imagination encircles the world.

is a high framerate mask

simple but effective, but i am working on my new site...
    but i have no time to work on it lately...

greets Franq

Jammin-D could you make a sample fla please? thanks

okay, i'll do that in a bit ive just got to go to the moppa choppers (barbers) i'll do yer fla in about 2 hours!

Thats has got to be the most awkward way I have ever heard of Maskin' I tell ya

Sour grapes aside, I've just come across this thread, looked up that site's home page... What a load of portentious w@ank. Gloomy greys and doom-laden bass drum repeating, vacuous sci-fi twiddlery, and teensy-tiny near-indecipherable text, in a hunt-the-relevance style-over-content interface.

Apart from that, it's technically accomplished.

dude.. A lot of people have created better looking websites than 2A mainly because they've got their inspiration from 2A and welll.. 2A's design has been online like that for well over a year now...

So as for the gloomy-ness etc of it all.. it proberly looks dated as well.. It is!

But they still rock

Well, surely a design that swiftly 'dates' wasn't up to much in the first place? That's why it dates. Novelty is no substitute for content and accessibility.

Rocks can weigh down sacks.

I dont mean it like that.. I mean that so many people have tried to copy it that you see it so often that it just gets dated.. but you still cant beat 2a

Ok, I appreciate what you mean, but duplication doesn't date something: good ideas are often taken up by thousands, and only people who prize novelty over applicability will reject it on that basis.

An idea which is pretentious, on the other hand, may attract people who lack any real objectives themselves [no personal slight intended!!! :-) ], and who seek to employ distraction to try and prevent their audience from noticing there's nothing really there.

Etc.

I think we are on the same wavelength mate

Sounds like Flashed Harry got flashed with a torch holding a 2,000 volt battery! Huh??? "who seek to employ distraction to try and prevent their audience from noticing there's nothing really there"

2advanced have been on the frontier of design for a while now. The fact is, their is ALOT of content in that site. It was also not created for ease-of-use although I'm sure they had that in mind. Just because text is unreadable, doesnt mean it adds nothing to something besides distraction. Do you honestly think a designer who earns as much as they do and can "choose" their own projects would think of functionality as a highest priority?

Methinks not

lol, I meant to say that...

lol whos side are you really on?