A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shiny Metallic look

Hmm... good question.. I dont know.. I agree that people slaggin off 2advanced shouldnt really as 2advanced are one of the top bods / the top bods of web design/development. I do feel that even though people rip off the 2A site, it starts to make 2A look the same if you've never seen 2A before.. But if you have seen 2A before then you can appreiciate that they do stand their ground and their site does still keep ahead of the crowd...

If I dont make sense then I'm sorry,, I've just woken up (10:47am gmt)
    Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited, Imagination encircles the world.

basically what your saying is someones perception of the site before their prior knowledge fo the sites design originality will be less because 2advanced looks so stereotypical due to copycats or just inspired sites who have a very similar style to 2advanced?

Yea, thanks.
    Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited, Imagination encircles the world.

lol thought that was it. I kinda understood ya the first time. (get some sleep)

well, since noone really answered ezekuns question, here it is...

i'll use 2a's as an example... to acheive that, draw the 2a logo in flash, and make it a mask layer.
    in the masked layer under it, make a rectangle with a gradient. have the gradient go from whatever bg color you have, to white, then back to whatever bg color you have. then simply tween the rectangle across the mask, and viola, shining effect.

of course, for the 2a site they tweened a few rectangles across, going different directions, but thats how ya do it.

Finally

Thanks big_k