dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: HTML to Flash

HTML to Flash

or rather Cold Fusion to Flash,

I have a link to an mp3 file in a list. When I clicked, I want the mp3 file open up in a Flash that I allready have prepared. All that Flash would contain would be loadSound(varFromHTML,true) and start to play the sound...all pretty easy one might persume, but here the big ( ? ) how do I send variables from a basic a href to the swf file? I am sure it is possible. Tried searching the forum first, but the search timed out...nodge nodge wink wink say no moa say no moa. Anyhow...anyone got an answer for me?

V

and by the way, FK admins, those new banners of yours anoy the **** out of me. I know, I know, you need to make money and all that, I respect that. But those banners (Anfy and Microsoft) are just TOO MUCH. Poor those users who are stuck on 800*600 their screen will be invaded by those things...
    it is your mind that decides - it is with your mind that you fly

vevmedia

at the corner of flotsam & jetsam, just within the walls of reality
    maybe i'm missing something, but sounds like your link is to a *.swf that contains the sound file? have you tried just linking to the swf, which would then play the song?

you are missing it, or rather I was not really clear. See I want to link to a swf, quite correctly, BUT the sound file that is loaded will be different every time, depending on the variable defined in the URL. The variable would for example be player.cfm?soundFile=sample1.mp3. On the player.cfm I would place the player.swf that in turn would load in the sample1.mp3 and play it. I just need to find a way for the swf to get it hands on that variable defined in the URL

vevmedia

solved the problemt, and let me tewll ya, I am having a lauch attack off happiness. So in case somone else runs into a problem like the mine, here's what I did to solve it:

When the a href is clicked I set a sessionvariable, the variable defines which file to drag out of the database and returns it through a CFC I wrote. I am happy as happy can be...

V

vevmedia