A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Streaming BUG still not resolved for MAC??

Streaming BUG still not resolved for MAC??

Hi all

I just downloaded the new updated Flash Player for MAC.

And it still downloads the whole mp3 if it was started and then waits until its downloaded and then only starts the next chosen mp3 stream.

Works perfectly on PC!!!!

I've done this with scripting (sound object).

I'm working on MAC OS X 10.1.5

AND can anyone tell me how I can find out what version of Flash Player is installed on Internet Explorer on Mac OS 10.1?

Thanks

Having the same issues... I'm running Jag and still dealing with the slow mp3 load. As far as I know, there is no way around this but increase RAM (which doesn't help you send to clients)
    Sorry I can't help you more.

I know. This is a disaster for Mac users. I've been trying to get this to work for the last month having Macromedia assure me that it was fixed in version 6.0.29.0. It doesn't matter if you use a standalone player or a browser player, the problem is still there. I work with interactive radio so you can imagine that this bug is devastating to our development. We simply can't offer mac-users our services. Mac OS 9 has the same problem as OS X concerning the streaming issue. It's sad to see that Macromedia doesn't seem to give a damn about minority operating systems.

As for your other question:

Script for detecting exact player version