dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: play/stop buttons in flashmx

play/stop buttons in flashmx

Need some help putting stop and play buttons in flashmx. I am new to flash and am currently taking a class in it. I need to add stop and play buttons to my movie. I am not having any luck. Could someone please help. I only have 2 more days to turn in my assignment. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

hi,

all you need to do is click on your button, then go to your actions window and write (or choose)

on(release){
    play();
    }

but if you're stuck on these sort of things you should really be playing with the tutorials first.

good luck with learning flash.

mydo

I was given the code to use, just having problems inserting all of it in my movie.

ok,

if you highlight the button you want your code on, check that it is a button in your properties window. then look at your actions window, in the top corner it will read 'actions-button', make sure this reads button! i would then reccomend that you set your actions to expert mode 'ctrl-shift-E' (i found it easier to learn flash this way). then you can just paste your code into the actions window.

note if your buttons move, then you will need to put the code each time your button has a key frame.

hope that helps, it's harder to explain than i thought !

mydo