dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: A Little Help With Flash Form & Php!

A Little Help With Flash Form & Php!

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone out there could please help me with a problem I'm having with my Flash form and PHP. My Form seems to be working correctly, but when I send myself test messages I never recieve them??? I think my form is not communicating with my PHP??? Could you check it out for me please.

Thanks,

Kelly
    Attached Files Attached Files

Flash Honkie
    I don't have flash on the computer I'm using right now, can you give me an idea of what you've got going or post it online so I can see?
    - jeremy
    "Creativity is a virtue; Happiness is a reward."

hi

i am not good in PHP ...
    but i can advise u that post this thread in
    Scripting and Backend section.........
    Musicman keeps a close eye in that section......i am 110% sure that he will help u....
    mail be when u get ur form done.....ok

bye
    adnan

Flash Honkie
    Okay, I'm leaving for Miami tomorrow and I don't have an internet connection available to me, so I'm going to shoot in the dark here and share some problems I've had with PHP and Flash, albeit not many.

when you loadVariables in the flash page, make sure to use GET rather than POST. For some reason, in a large number of my clients computers, POSTing variables through flash has caused great errors where as GET has never failed me.

The second option is to play around with the loadVariables, loadVariablesNum and getURL function/options you have. IF you don't have a super strong understanding of each's application, work with those for a while.

uh...thinking...

Check your server's set up for security. More secure servers require you to $_GET['varName'] before you can use them. basically, it won't let you store variables in the server's memory, you must send them through GET or POST, then have your page look for them through $_GET['varName'] or $_POST['varName'] where varName is simply the name of your variable, not litereally varName.

I hope these suggestions help, or at least inspire you to think of other resolutions.

- Jeremy
    "Creativity is a virtue; Happiness is a reward."