A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help

Well i am makeing a flash menu for my site...now when u push a button one of the blocks expands and once fully expanded it holds the information for that section.
    Well since i would have to upload the whole thing each time i made a update i wanted to do it in parts. Say when i push the flash button it loads the flash movie menu. But my problem is that the movie that is loaded simple coversover the movie that was orginally loaded. Now i tryed to unload it but then it plays the whole movie again (once i hit the back button in flash) and its still below the second movie. How can i make it so it loads the second part ...unloads the first then reloads the first but at the end of that movie?

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Cool

You can do this several ways, One would be to use the load movie command and load the new movie into level0 when you want to go back just load the original movie back into level0 with a command to send it to the last frame. The command to send it back would look like this:

On (Press)
    Load Movie ("target.swf", 0)
    Go to and Stop ("end")
    End On

You would replace the target.swf with the name of the movie you are using first. and you must define the label at the end of the first movie to be "end"

Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000100.swf" quality=high WIDTH=375 HEIGHT=75 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>

HUmm well now the movies aren;t over laping but....when i send the second movie back to the first (useing a frame action) it loads up the start of the first even though i have the goto thingie