dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: a great site

i'm not saying the site is designed badly, but the navigation is and don't tell me that it is not, if it is an experimental site, than that's fine, but if you want regular people to come and visit your site, they need to easily be able to find the buttons.
    graphically the site is great, but navigation sucks IF it is a regular and not an experimental site

it's clearly experimental, the graphics are over the top, he or she is just playing with shapes and colours and going mad.

like I said appreciate the site for what it is.

the only bad crit I do have is that some of the movements are really sucking porcessor, but again if I had a super computer I would not feel it.

forever depreciated™ aaron.martone's Avatar
    aftereden.

You sound like you're handing out opinions to everyone but not letting people have their own opinions. If someone hates something, for ANY reason whatsoever (as contrary as it sounds to you), he/she is entitled fully to that opinion and to express that opinion.

In fact, that's what forums are for. What use is a place in which we all just pointed out the good? I'm all for tact and what not, but I won't deny someone their opinion if they want to be brutally honest.

The only time I step in is if someone is literally insulting someone else (unless the initial person ripped an item from someone else; then they deserve all the fires a flamewar brings to the table)
    (am)™ :: aaron.martone ::
    http://www.aaronmartone.com

"I see in layers; I think in ActionScript; Life is my animation and animation is my life.... oh, and I like corn dogs."

well, I am just giving my opinion. and enjoying the discussion.

your site

I like it as a portfolio piece. But that is what it is so nice work. It was definitely inspirational considering Im pretty much of an amatuer web designer. I know how to do almost anything in flash or I feel I could figure it out but I have problems when it comes to putting my ideas together. This site was definitely inspirational.

: :.::: .. skrewd .. :.::: :
    hi

well, i'm glad the site has caused so much discussion.
    i'd always known that it might or rather hoped that it would.

i'm glad some people can identify with what has been done here, and some can't.

pollen was created as a showcase for graeme carr's design ability and what he has a passion for - visual communication. some people might relate and others not. personally i think it's an insight into graeme's mind and thoughts.

sure, the site's experimental, wacky, cutting edge, the navigation's not 'in your face' - but that's what he wanted, some exploration, some playfullness, something different.

lets just appreciate what HE stands for. simple.

cheers
    life's a journey enjoy the ride

forever depreciated™ aaron.martone's Avatar
    Agreed. It's all about individuality.
    (am)™ :: aaron.martone ::
    http://www.aaronmartone.com

"I see in layers; I think in ActionScript; Life is my animation and animation is my life.... oh, and I like corn dogs."

Enter the Flash Dragon Prototype3X's Avatar
    I think its nice and fresh!