dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: "Movie Not Loaded" Please Help

"Movie Not Loaded" Please Help

I know this question has been asked before but no one has explained yet how to fix it in any grave detail. Anyways I uploaded my movie to the server, and also the html file that was published, and when i go to that URL i get a white blank screen. When I right click on it, it gives me "Movie not loaded" messege. I have actually left it for a couple of minutes but still nothing happened. I am completly lost, and have no idea what to do.

If you need anything from me please feel free to ask.

How does your html file look like? Try to manually make html first. Check under publish in the flash help index. Is your swf in the same location?
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -
    | www.Flashscript.biz | Flashscript Biz Classes/Components |

"Movie Not loaded"

ok fooled around with some of the html code, and got it to work. But I guess now my question is. What quailty works the best with the web. I want to make the file smaller but do not want to add a "loader". right now it is at 100% and 243kb. What do you suggest it be at?

I never looked at quality, since I have one script which seems to work for all movies I made. Regarding your size I would look if you could take out some pics and load them dynamically. Also some complex graphics can make your filesize big. I hope that will help you.
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -
    | www.Flashscript.biz | Flashscript Biz Classes/Components |