A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: masaflash version 7

masaflash version 7

hello again

I have just released masaflash version 7. I thought it was time for a update of the old version (after like 5 months)..

http://flashlevel.com/masaone/

this time I wanted to focuse more on the animation/graphic part rather then just the coding.

comments are always welcome.

love, masa.

erm,

holy crap, it's brilliant...
    I love the transition that wipes a block away and the bit that's left falls... sweet as a nut!
    I'm only just into the folio bit so I'll let you know how I get on - pretty slow home connection....

now I'm pissed off...

you're 18/19! dam you and your scandinavian in-built design mastery!

EVERYONE, look at this site, if nothing else, for the sheer professionalism and attention to detail!!!!!!

; ]

very nice man.
    I like the designgraphik style.

also i noticed everytime i visite i get a new page..
    very cool :]

spumker
    thanks for the comment, It means alot to me.
    I dont know how mutch time I have spent on this site, making logos, doing the animations, doing the layouts. so your comment proves that It was worth it

SLeD
    thanks thanks for the link.
    I dont think I have seen it before but I went throught it. I dont think I can compare with that mastermind but some day ill get closer
    new page? jup. I was tired on always direct people to the news section.. something different I hope

thanks alot for the comments so far!

just some info: weworkforthem runs designgraphik. Are you familiar with their work?

superb

SLeD
    jup. I have seen that site around a couple of times. its a really sweet site. I remeber I saw a t-shirt design he/she made for a shop site. threadless something. my memory are not the best I liked the previous site you posted so mutch that I added it into my link archive

right on

also wwft has their own little shop: youworkforthem

But anyway, enough of that, back to Mr.Masa's webpage! it rox.

I've seen your early work, your getting better.

I found some errors.

From main page, the download link doesn't work.

The transitions are nice, however it seems to take a long time to get to places, personally i like it but i got bored and left.

As good as the site is, the transitions are too long
    He was just a normal man 'till this cheeky little hormone called testosterone kicked in
    http://www.xtcf.com

hi Masa,

how are you? Like the new site layout. indied more eye for design this time.
    and thanks for sharing sources with us. Always loved your scripting stuff.
    oh, maybe a little preview would be nice there tho.

Then i see you use a random script when you visit the site. would make more
    sense to me when i entered the site on the same page all the time.

also the logo changes every time. keep it simple there. one logo to recognize you from wil be enough.

apart from that great site. thumbs up !

[edit]btw happy birthday!!![/edit]
    Last edited by sense; 12-22-2002 at 06:54 AM.

kamyab
    thanks!

SLeD
    hehe. btw, I found the link. great t-shirts there.. http://www.***************

juxtaman
    download link didnt work? thats odd. cuse I have been testing this site over and over again, and second. there are no main page

joebeanyuk
    thanks for your opinion. I think its all a matter of taste, some people like transitions dont. Im probably one of those that dosent like transitions either. but I wanted to do something different from my last work

sense
    hello there, im okey. trying to survive on freelance basic. I cant say I get rich on it.. but im having fun, sort of
    preview on the downloads? dunno about that idea, beacuse my source files are really nothing to look at when it comes to the graphic and the logos, are one logo for every section (I got bored and made like 30-40 logos) so I couldnt select just one logo

everyone. thanks for the comments so far!

I like the vertical blurring effect when the text area changes.

By the way this didn't finish loading under Opera (v7 beta 2). In completed buffering but never called the next page up. It worked in IE.

Izzard
    ohh. sad to hear, I tested the site in both mac inviorment (IE6) and pc (IE6 and Mozilla 1.0) but still.. no opera

one suggestion but good job!

I found that the nav links were a bit hard to read (black on dark grey), and the little "hand" icon that indicates a link didn't show, though obviously you've intentionally programmed it like that.
    If you're going for the 'Non-hand' look, maybe your could try differentiating the links (the mouse over the link, I mean); I think it's a good idea to stick with interface principles...
    my tiny bit of critisizm.
    On a happy note: Good job, keep it up...loaded fast, and displayed fine!
    FYI :: DSL, IE 6, Win Me, 1280 x 1024
    Hoping for PowerBook G4
    HD|SO|BTC

interesting use of javascript for the bg.

hGraf Design
    thanks for your comment. I have been hated the hand icon all the time I have used flash, so I hided it this time too (I did the same thing on the masaflash v 6 website) I thought I made the mouse overs clear enought but It seems like in this case I wasnt sucessful. I will look after that and see what I can do

Gloomycus
    Its actualy one javascript line in flash throught a getURL command, I didnt even have a function on the .html page.

thanks alot for the comments so far!
    masa.

Shameless Newstoday Plug
    Yup, it's a pretty safe site! Even on my poor 28.8kb modem, it still ran alright. I just have a few suggestions:

LINKS: I definitely agree on what hGraf said. I was going to post that. It was hard for me to read which links were what considering the dark background used. Moreover there is no indication of what link you are over.

PICS: I'm a little biased on this, but I'm not a big fan of sites which force me to view works of art in another window instead of placing it in the actual Flash movie, as I usually have tons of windows open from different places, as I'm sure almost every designer does. Now, if I'm forced to see it in a new window, I'm not really that bothered. But the fact that it keep opening a new window is what I find slightly annoying. It would be a lot better if you made it such that it opens one window, and it will continue to target that window. I would find that less...*dunno whats the word*

Other than that, it was good for me.

<<< Hopefully less of an a**.

uber sick!

-----
    rush!
    www.mirage-studios.com
    -----