A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Question about background music

Question about background music

I have put together a flash intro using Flash MX for a site I am designing. Now I wan't to add some music to play in the background. The question I have is, how do I keep the file size down? I notice that alot of the sound loops that I have seen have pretty big file sizes...like 1000k and up. Won't that make my flash movie too big? Is there a trick that I don't know about or something?

Any info anyone could share would be great.

Thanks

Hi,

i'm just a intermediate user of flash, but i also use background music in my site ( not yet in my loading screen ). For now i use mp3 of the normal size ( around 3mb ) and it loads immediately.

So check out this tutorial, http://www.flashkit.com/tutorials/Au...-824/index.php , it's on this site. This helped me with that.

Hope it also helps for you.

bye
    Spirit Wolf

mp3 would make a pretty good compression for music background, but somehow i noticed that when it starts to loop you will realize that it makes a funny sound such as "tud" or "tik" or even stop for a while, that indicates it is looping. The point is it doesn't makes a prefect looping music.
    one way to do this is by reducing the quality of the sounds by using other utility encoder. Try out the dBpowerAmp the mp3 and wave convertor.
    anyway, wave is still a good choice for music loop.

Hammer
    You can load large mp3s in flash attach the clip to the stage and set the sound to stream. This allows the file to load as it plays.