A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Design feedback needed!

NEED some FEEDback plz

sup, guys, this is just a basic layout of my main page, any1 wanna comment on it? i really want some feedback on it, thanks!!!!

http://www24.brinkster.com/yolyland/main1.html
    Last edited by daMiNGBoi; 12-23-2002 at 10:31 PM.

good job & fresh feel

Your site looks good and has a modern & fresh appeal to it...good design!
    My idea is that maybe you could change the top image to a JPEG...as I noticed the only thing that was noticeably 'Flash' were the links at the bottom.
    But it did load fast for me, at least on a cable.
    Good job!
    FYI :: DSL, IE 6, Win Me, 1280 x 1024
    Hoping for PowerBook G4
    HD|SO|BTC

A very fresh design. Some things that bugged me was the large amount of head room on the page, and the expansive left margin at the bottom. Other than that though, I really enjoy the look. A very good eye for design. Keep it up.

-----
    rush!
    www.mirage-studios.com
    -----

Re: good job & fresh feel

Originally posted by hGraf Design

Your site looks good and has a modern & fresh appeal to it...good design!
    My idea is that maybe you could change the top image to a JPEG...as I noticed the only thing that was noticeably 'Flash' were the links at the bottom.
    But it did load fast for me, at least on a cable.
    Good job!
    thanks!! yea i should change it 2 a jpg, cause i will change the pic constantly, or i can do it dynamicaly in flash, but i have no idea how to do it yet, gotta look up some books.

Originally posted by hugepanzy

A very fresh design. Some things that bugged me was the large amount of head room on the page, and the expansive left margin at the bottom. Other than that though, I really enjoy the look. A very good eye for design. Keep it up.
    i want people to pay more attention to the pic, so i moved it lower, ummm yea later i check it again, and maybe there are too much space up there. thanks for the comments!

any one else? thanks!

forever depreciated™ aaron.martone's Avatar
    You may also want to disable the right click menu so users can't ZOOM IN, etc. with the movie.
    (am)™ :: aaron.martone ::
    http://www.aaronmartone.com

"I see in layers; I think in ActionScript; Life is my animation and animation is my life.... oh, and I like corn dogs."

Originally posted by aaron.martone
    You may also want to disable the right click menu so users can't ZOOM IN, etc. with the movie.
    oh yea, but i see some of the sites only have settings and about in the right click menu, like the ads above, how do u do that? thanks!

forever depreciated™ aaron.martone's Avatar
    add

Code:
    <param value="menu" value="false">
    and

Code:
    showmenu="false"
    in the embed tag

If that don't work, replace false with no in both instances; it's been a long day....
    (am)™ :: aaron.martone ::
    http://www.aaronmartone.com

"I see in layers; I think in ActionScript; Life is my animation and animation is my life.... oh, and I like corn dogs."

bump