dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: depths

muvipix.com

depths

Got a project going where you can open up a few windows at once. I have the depth problem solved, but I also have a "tooltip" mc incorporated and the problem is that when the windows come to the top (only after they come to the top), my tooltips crash to the bottom and are hidden behind the windows! How can I make the tooltips come to the top regardless of all other level depths (like level 100 or whatever)? I tried a few scripts on the tooltip mc but nothing seems to work. Thanks for any advice.
    Regards,

Ron

muvipix.com
    What, do I not ask these questions correctly? What exactly is the proper protocol to get answers on these forums? 4 out of 5 questions I ask go unanswered. Please tell me if I'm not maybe supplying enough info, or I'm maybe being arrogant, or too vague. Maybe the subject line sucks. At least tell me I'm full of sh_t or something. Just wondering.
    Regards,

Ron

I don't understand your question

I just went to macromedia to look what tooltips are, simnce I didn't know it but the sites are unavailable. What are tooltips?
    Last edited by cancerinform; 12-23-2002 at 07:44 PM.
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -
    | www.Flashscript.biz | Flashscript Biz Classes/Components |

muvipix.com
    Ohhh. Well, like on the windows desktop, or IE (or a lot of software programs, including Flash), you hover over a button, and it gives you a little discription of the function of that device or action. Didn't realize it was so unused. It's simply a movie clip with ActionScript that has all the properties (font, hover state, delay, etc..). I'm trying to use it on this project, but when the tip comes up, it's below the window [object]. It's actually a "depth" question, which I understand, but with these hover tips, it ain't workin'. I don't know if it's an MC issue or what. Thanks for responding.
    Regards,

Ron

i don't know Ron, maybe it's your thread's title...who knows?

Well... i got an idea for you. Blahrgh...no i'm lying... Joshua Davis got it.
    Go get this file. I took it from the http://www.praystaiton.com and may solve your problem. It's about depths, and how you can make an object allways show up on top.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I wanna ROCK

muvipix.com
    Thanks brunodario, didn't solve my problem, but steered me in the right direction. That file had some sort of bug in it, but I managed to check it out.
    Regards,

Ron