A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Serious Disapointment

I posted a message yesterday, and thank you for the response. I am still experiencing the same MAJOR glitch that I always have been. I will try to explain mayself as clearly as possible:

What I want to do is import a Swish effect into a Flash movie clip. No big deal. I want to have a word, or several words, stay static on the screen until a certain keyframe, then add an effect. The problem is that the Swish animation now begins at the keyframe at which I placed the effect. All I want is 30 frames of static text, THEN a text effect. Not an immediate waving, squeezing, exploding, whatever. I have tried copying the layer with the same text and placing it over, but it does not look right - it just stays on the screen after the original effect is over. Hard to explain - but it does not seem to work. I am truely disapointed in Swish, I think the time and effort spent on text effects in Flash are worth it. Swish does not work for me at all. If someone can help with this problem, It would be appreciated.
    Until then Swish will gather dust...

Serious Disapointment

OK i think your problem is that you doing all this on one scene

Make your static text in scene 1 then after displaying it, have it fade out of whatever then tell the actions to go to scene 2 frame 0

scene 2# this is where your animated text lives

this should work,

hope it has been on some help

Craig#2

It shouldn't be neccessary to use another scene.

As I said in reply to your first post, simply add a Show action in frame 1, then your other effect in whatever frame you like. I just tested this in Swish and it works - the text stays there for a while then explodes or whatever.

And IMO Swish is an excellent program, it just takes a short while to learn how to do everything.

Craig #3

SWISH is a wonderful program!

As Craig said,..have some patience and learn all that SWiSH can do. Just use the show feature and that allows whatever text you have to just "show itself" and not do anything for as many frames as you insert the show feature. It works wonderful and I woould NEVER use FLASH to do text! NEVER!!! I don't have the hours to waste on FLASH!