dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Free?

Free?

Would anyone be interested in making a REALLY quick and easy site for free for me?

Site:
    -color base: silver
    -two buttons: home -> under home it just says "hello"
    about -> put a button on the bottom and underneath it say. bored? click this. it doesnt do anything but it might make you feel better.

This site will be made on geocities.

PM me for my username and password. but first i want you to send me the fla b4 i give u my username and paswd!

thanks
    Got a problem with my footer?

Why not making it yourself and maybe learn something in the process. Then maybe you could help, when someone wants you to make a simple site for free.

-Pelle Piano
    // Image Gallery
    www.studiobild.com
    // Photo Blog
    http://talesofthepixel.blogspot.com

1. If you do a search and find out how many people Pellpiano has helped with complex issues, you'll see he's not a dumbass.

People on Flashkit are very willing to help. Many people will build FLA's for someone without a hesitation and will spend hours helping someone figure something out. Name calling is not the way to get people to help.

2. I second Pellepianos suggestion. It really shouldn't be that difficult for you to make and you can learn in the process.

Many times that help means pointing the person in need to the right direction. The old saying of "Give a man a fish, he eats today. Teach a man to fish and he eats forever." absolutley applies.

I have 2 suggestions:

1. Do a search for a tutorial on building buttons.
    2. Relax. With the amount of energy you've spent with your two posts here, you could have done the project yourself.

Originally posted by Sir Yendor
    1. If you do a search and find out how many people Pellpiano has helped with complex issues, you'll see he's not a dumbass.

People on Flashkit are very willing to help. Many people will build FLA's for someone without a hesitation and will spend hours helping someone figure something out. Name calling is not the way to get people to help.

2. I second Pellepianos suggestion. It really shouldn't be that difficult for you to make and you can learn in the process.

Many times that help means pointing the person in need to the right direction. The old saying of "Give a man a fish, he eats today. Teach a man to fish and he eats forever." absolutley applies.

I have 2 suggestions:

1. Do a search for a tutorial on building buttons.
    2. Relax. With the amount of energy you've spent with your two posts here, you could have done the project yourself.
    i can make buttons i just dont know how to make the fla my website
    and i dont have much time to learn the stuff cuz the deadline is jan1

To make the FLA your website:

1. Save it with the name index.fla

2. Publish it as a SWF and a HTML. "Publish Settings" "Format" and make sure SWF and HTML are selected.

3. Upload the index.swf to your server. Make sure you do this one first.

4. Upload the index.html to your server. Upload this one after you've uploaded the swf.

The index.html will now be your www.whatever.com page that loads when someone goes to your "home page".

I have met some very generous people here at Flash Kit that have helped me on a number of issues. This is the best place to LEARN. I resent the name calling

ask me one on fish..not flash
    hey, i know that i, along with just about anyone who posts on this board could do this in about 2 mins.

but i dont think anyone will.

maybe you shold change your attitude, when asking for help one should always kneel and look up to the people giving assistance.

i have had nothing but support from this forum and greatly appreciate all the assistance i have been given by all.

i really do resent the way you come in here and think that "we" owe you something. so get off your high horse man, or get off this board.

------------------------------------------------------
    (sorry if i offend any "regulars" with this but someone had to say it! lol took all my strength not to really go off on one there)
    I bought a Ouija board. The pointer spelled out 'You don't actually believe in this crap, do you

Originally posted by gary_bydesign
    hey, i know that i, along with just about anyone who posts on this board could do this in about 2 mins.

but i dont think anyone will.

maybe you shold change your attitude, when asking for help one should always kneel and look up to the people giving assistance.

i have had nothing but support from this forum and greatly appreciate all the assistance i have been given by all.

i really do resent the way you come in here and think that "we" owe you something. so get off your high horse man, or get off this board.

(sorry if i offend any "regulars" with this but someone had to say it! lol took all my strength not to really go off on one there)
    i wasnt acting like you owed me something. where did you get that.

Perhaps it's your apparent attitude overall.

I notice that you, or possibly a moderator, has deleted your second post where you started name calling. If it was deleted by a moderator, I can understand why. If it was deleted by you, you must have realized you made a mistake. I could suggest a next move for you, but having to suggest it decreases the value and possibly the sincerity of the action.

In my second response to this post, I offered a solution. Did it help or did the solution not work? If someone helps you, let them know if it solved your problem.

First of all, happy holidays.
    I have been following this thread from the beginning. I have made some flas for other people, also because I was interested in the problem. However, there was a special technical question involved and the whole thing was a discussion. People who come here and just ask to make a website and even use the word "free" as if nobody has anything else to do, and then when somebody very politely points out: Why not making it yourself and maybe learn something in the process. Then maybe you could help, when someone wants you to make a simple site for free. and then are called names, cannot expect any help

If you change your attitude and ask a specific question everybody is willing to help you. That is the real nice side of this forum. Unfortunately the rest of the world is not like that.

If you have a deadline that is also not our fault and not a reason to get angry with anybody. As a last word, people are adult enough here that if you say a few nice words everything will be forgotten.
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -
    | www.Flashscript.biz | Flashscript Biz Classes/Components |

The world goes - hm.. TheCaramella's Avatar
    Second door on the right, next to the ice bear
    If you change your attitude and ask a specific question everybody is willing to help you. That is the real nice side of this forum. Unfortunately the rest of the world is not like that.
    Hear, hear!

As a last word, people are adult enough here that if you say a few nice words everything will be forgotten.
    Well spoken!
    I can just say like the rest, this forum is extremely helpful. I have been into some other discussion boards (not only on Flash), and this forum is special.
    In here I got caught the first day. It's an unusually good attitude among people in here.
    I can understand your feeling that you need to defend yourself, but that only makes it worse. Everybody likes someone who has the strength to admit that they started out the wrong direction.
    Take a chance on the people here, and give us all (yourself included) a new chance

Official FK nice guy and MOD 3PRIMATES's Avatar
    Hello,
    well I do have to agree with the others, and I also have been following this post from the start and witnessed the post they are talking about, which has since been deleted.

I think this has gone on long enough. I will "help" you to create the very simple elements you are talking about, but in return I ask that tell the offended you are sorry and try and be a bit more tactful in the future.

IF you are interested, just let me know..

3PRIMATES