dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: LOTS of swish questions- publishing to web site

LOTS of swish questions- publishing to web site

I am using a trail version of swish and my biggest problem is getting it to my web page. It goes, but only the first half. I have three other problem after that, but this one is the most important! Is it because it is a trail version? Okay I will briefly mention my other issues!
    1.) Can't find any wav files to add to my flash intro-am I looking in the wrong places? Or if I buy the full version of swish will it come with more sound?
    2.) Can't see to get my 'loading' page to work properly, so I just deleted it altogether, but I would sure like to have one. It continuously shows the loading animation and never goes to the main movie-what's wrong?
    3.) This my be to OT to apply because it is more about my web site then the flash intro, but I am going to now have to make my intro my homepage-how do I move my current homepage to a regular page? I am using bizhosting -and using a combination of HTML and templates.

Any help is SOOO appreciated, I am obviously very lost!

-Alia

http://rats2u.com/clipart/animation/wav_music.htm
    Basic Preloader
    Create two new scenes--name one Preloader and one Blank Scene
    Rt click on the first frame of the preloader and click if frame was loaded and select Last Scene.
    Add action and add a goto frame and select next scene.
    Then rt click after your loading animation. (Your created text and animation---
    {two frames past} and select go to frame.
    Then a couple of frames later rt click and add a preload content.
    Also Note
    Theirs a preloader in your sample files in the Swish program.
    Don't know about your server--But your index page should be your home page. Everything else will tag from it.
    Swish is a great program and remember --the trial version does not let you import your movies in working condition.
    Best Wishes, ~~~~
    RGuy1

Almost there...

Oh oh! My preloader is working! Thanks for that..now to conquer the other issues- All I have really have left now is adding/finding a sound file! Yea! Thanks for the help.

If you like dance and techno can I recomend a place called sonic foundry. These are 30 dollars and are awesome for the money. For a little bit more you can buy a more diverse program.
    http://www.sonicfoundry.com/products/default.asp
    See Music Creation Software.
    And instead of inserting the wav file in Swish can i suggest you find an MP3 and convert it to a swf with soundnails so you can stream the audio. 10 free conversions If I remember correctly.
    http://www.soundnails.com/
    Also --Here's my resource page. I think your find a ton of vailable information related to Swish.
    http://rguyone.topcities.com/index14.html
    Hope you enjoy the program as much as I have.
    Best Wishes, ~~~~
    RGuy1

Oh by the way--If you select sound loops or sound fx up at the top of this page you can find some awesome free music.
    Best Wishes, ~~~~
    RGuy1

Thanks SOOO much!

I found a music clip to use from the Sound loop you recommended! Thanks so much! Now I am going to convert it and try inserting it! I really appreciate all your help!

-Alia

To insert the streamed audio file---or per-say the swf
    Create a sprite and name that sprite music.
    On that timeline of the sprite named music ( Double Click the sprite to add content to that timeline}at frame 0 put the following action --load movie and then put your swf file name in the dialog box--- mymusic.swf into sprite.
    It should stream from that sprite.
    Here's a great article--
    http://www.swishspot.com/sschool/l4pt5.html
    Best Wishes, ~~~~
    RGuy1

I am having trouble adding my sprite, I did convert is successfully, though. Where do I add it, into scene 1 where I want the music to start? Also where do I put my swf file name-I am not exactly sure where the dialog box is, is it on the right hand side in the action panel? I think it is adding the action that is giving me the problems. I am sorry I can't be more specific, but I am not exactly sure what it is that's keeping it from working. Also, my swf files are buried in this location on my computer C:\Program Files\ueberschall\Soundnails\OUTPUT\ can I move them to make then more accessible or is it unnecessary, or is that where they should be? Alright, well I hope you can help more on this one, too.

-Alia

If you want your music to start as soon as the movie displays --The way I recomended doing this is the best way---If your adding sound effect files you would insert them in the link actions or in the timelines you wish them to play at--Such as at frame 48 or what ever.
    Also I wouldn't convert sound effect files. Just import them as wave files.
    The dialog box in which to put your swf file name is in the action panel.
    I would guess you could save your saved swf file to any folder you want. To move the swf file to say the A drive just right click that saved swf and select send to A drive.
    You seem really confused -----------------------------
    Your action panel should read
    at frame o load movie"in level-1 (movie will change levels when you select to load it in a sprite.
    Movie url
    the=name of your file.swf
    into sprite

Thats it. That simple------
    you could upload your swi file to your server by zipping it and place your downloadable link here if you continue to have problems.
    Last edited by rhellstrom; 12-31-2002 at 06:01 PM.
    Best Wishes, ~~~~
    RGuy1

(giggle) Yeah, I am really confused, at least in comparison to where you're coming from but my intro is looking so cool and seeing how I never even knew what flash was until, like, three weeks ago, I am doing pretty darn well! LOL! Well, anyway, I got my sound in! It so wasn't the way you told me to do it, though. I even used an Mp3 file for it and it worked just fine, which for some weird reason I was under the impression wouldn't work. I am sure your way would have been better, but I just wasn't getting it! I have seen a ton of posts on getting sound to fade, but none of them seem to make sense for my situation-it there an easy way to do this? I have a short intro with music starting at the beginning and then just chopping off at the end. Any tips? Also, if my preview in the web browser works just the way I want it to, is it a pretty for sure thing to work that way exactly when I put it on my site? Maybe that's a dumb question but after all the issues I am having now, I am nervous that I will get it all set and then have a whole new set of issues to deal with! Thank you so much, again.

-Alia

I have a short intro with music starting at the beginning and then just chopping off at the end.

you need a sound editor to make it fade off. if you don't have one, please zip up your sound file and post it here, and i'll gladly do it for you. if you have it, better to give me the wav version.

the fade out feature in swish is not quite good for short music.

Also, if my preview in the web browser works just the way I want it to, is it a pretty for sure thing to work that way exactly when I put it on my site?

there really should be no reason it won't. just make sure you got your codes in all correct.
    Last edited by sauvage; 12-31-2002 at 08:40 PM.

The thing with flash is --it's always something but Swish makes it a lot easier than html.
    If you select your audio on the timeline and then go to the action panel their is an option selection. In this option selection you can choose sound effects.
    It also has a lame decoder in which you should check for all imported wav audio files. It compresses them and it's probally better to import wav files over mp3 because of this compression rate. Still it's better to stream the audio.
    You can also select how many times the audio file plays.
    If your file is choppy at the end or just chops off --I kind of doubt that the fade out effect will work to correct this issue.
    It may help some or you could select to pan the audio which actually
    may be benificial---
    I would suggest finding a wav file and then opening your sound recorder in your programs if you ever want to loop audio files--under entertainment-- and editing your audio files their. It will only edit wav files.
    But anyway --I hope that helps--As long as you try to learn something new every day your be a Swish expert in no time---
    Happy Newsyear !
    Best Wishes, ~~~~
    RGuy1

"sauvage",
    I was able to zip up my sound file-but I couldn't figure out how to save the zipped file, WinZip just stuck it into an email message for me. Can I email it to you? Also, I couldn't download the WAV file-only the Mp3-I am going to try again but if it doesn't work will it be okay that way?
    This is my last hang up on my intro and then it will be done!....Almost there! Thanks and happy new year!

thank you very much, aliaheise
    a happy, safe and prosperous new year to you, too!
    of course you can email it to me. you can send me the mp3 if you can't lay your hands on the wav version.
    Last edited by sauvage; 01-06-2003 at 03:45 PM.

Alia, this is to let you know that i have got your email and replied, just in case you don't get it (my reply).

nice music i like it very much.

i shall get back to you shortly -- in a matter of maybe 2 hours or so. i need to go keep an appointment now, but i shall see to it the moment i return.

cheers!

hmm...the bad news is, someone chopped off that piece of music at the wrong place (we get fa so la when ideally it should be la so fa or at least la), so that if you make it fade out, it will most definitely not sound natural.

but nothing to worry about. i may be able to perform a little magic on it.

please check your email 2 hours from now, and you will see where to get your files. i shall create two for you to choose from.

they will be in wav format. after you have decided which one you want, simply import it into swish and let swish compress it. click options and check the box for always use LAME MP3 Encoder.
    Last edited by sauvage; 01-02-2003 at 08:09 AM.

awrighto! i have performed cosmetic surgery on your piece of music. the ending sounds much, much better now -- to me, at least

if it is not short or long enough, please let me know.

please check your email.
    Last edited by sauvage; 01-02-2003 at 08:10 AM.

Sauvage,
    Thanks so much for helping me out! Ah, the clip worked great sounds gorgeous, couldn't have done it with out you! You have work a sound editing miracle!

Best Regards,
    A

you're most welcome glad it works for you.