A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Simple image problem....

Simple image problem....

HI everyone!

I am new to flash and I am trying to do something super easy.... just import an image and have it displayed .....

http://www.deviousthreads.com/flash/43.swf

I can't get the image to look good. it should look like this...

http://www.deviousthreads.com/index.html

does anyone know what is going on? I have tried to adjust the size of the image but it doesn't work.

thanks

alfred

yeah I can help you out...
    check yuor publish settings.
    ctrl+shift+F12 or File-->publish settings

them select the flash tab and you drag jpeg quality to 100 and your problem should be solved..

adios amigo

thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

i set the image quality in publish settings to 100% but it still looks bad....

http://www.deviousthreads.com/flash/51.swf.

could there be anything else going on?

thanks

alfred

Try tracing it in illustrator or in trace bitmap it in flash maybe then it will look better...

good luck

thanks for the help.... it's just weird that it looks great in flash and as an .jpg image but when I save it as .swf and view it from a browser it looks horrible.

thanks

The problem is this:

On your original page/image the graphic is displayed at 100% size: whether or not the browser window is moved, the pic always stays the same size: 100%. This means it looks 100% like it should.

However, on your Flash Movie, the Movie is set to shrink of grow to the size of the browser window (try it), so your image shrinks or grows with the Movie which it is within. That's why your image looks **** - because it is never displayed at 100% size. You must set your Flash Movie to always display at 100% size - this should be done when you publish the Flash Movie, but could also be a property you will need to find and set in your html web layout program (Dreamweaver, or whatever).

Any Q's, just ask.

Regards, Pavey.

Add Action in layer of first frame this tells the movie to open to its true size not full screen.
    FS Command first one equals True
    Second One equals False

Cheers,
    Bret

P.S. Save you files as .pngs for flash they are much better than .jpgs for flash

Maybe this will help

In the library window, double click on the jpeg image of Devious to open up the bitmap properties window. Under Compression - click on the arrow and choose Lossless(PNG/GIF), or if you want to keep it as a Photo(JPEG), uncheck Use imported JPEG data and put 100 in the Quality box. Click update and then OK. You can experiment with the different settings to come up with the best quality at the lowest file size.

Thanks!!!

I just want to thank you ALL for helping me on this! From all of the comments I figured things out and learned a lot in the process!

thanks,
    alfred

hey you don't have to thank us cause that is why we are here...
    Just to help each other out

PEACE

read the replies, one question, what about upload time, if his image is being shrink by his publish setting, can he just resize the image to the proper "display" size, thus saving flash from having to extrapolate the image information when publishing?

just curious, I am new to flash and would like to know, I'm going to experiment with publishing settings v original image resizing

will keep ya'll posted

kenishii
    kenishii