dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: export flash, visitor dont have the font

export flash, visitor dont have the font

when i export the whole movie, and view it with a computer without the font i used, i cant read the text i used in the movie.

i thought that you can use any font in flash mx and export it, and everyone can view it. how can i make it possible?

for your information, i already convert the text into symbol.

Banned
    Text has to be dynamic and the font used "embedded".

In the textfield's properties, hit the Character tab, and select Embed All Characters. This will push up the size of your movie though.

With a static textfield the font is included automatically. It will only include the letters you type versus the dynamic textfiels where you tell if groups of letters will be included (A-Z,Numbers and so on). Or you can also specify each character that will be included ( a hazzle).

-Pelle Piano
    // Image Gallery
    www.studiobild.com
    // Photo Blog
    http://talesofthepixel.blogspot.com

Banned
    If it had been a static text then he would have seen it, no?

Yes of couse, sorry.

-Pelle Piano
    // Image Gallery
    www.studiobild.com
    // Photo Blog
    http://talesofthepixel.blogspot.com

i use 'static text'.

should i uncheck the "use device font"??

When you click the 'use device font' option, the computer will replace your font by a system font, so don't do that. So if you use static text flashplayer will automatically embed the font. Some fonts cannot be embedded by flash, but I don't think I've encountered one already that isn't embedded. To test this you can use View > antialiased text. If the font looks bad in the file, it won't be embedded. You probably checked the use device fonts because that way the font looks crisp when you view your files locally, right? If you don't want the font to look blurry, you will have to find yourself a nice pixel font. These fonts will look crisp even when embedded. The rules for these fonts are to always use them a the point size they where developed for or an equivalent. If it's designed for size 6 you can also use them at 12, 18,... And make sure the text is placed on integer numbers. So x=100 and y=100 and not x=100.1 and y =99.9. Do a search here on pixel fonts and you'll find lots of pages where you can download them.

thank you.