A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Discouraged long time Flashkitter

Originally posted by justice strike
    [...] but other then that it's only natural this board isn't always moderated perfect.
    When you consider the admin aspects of our job alone that we deal with daily, having 2 members complaining (one who has been threatening to leave the site for over 2 yrs now and another one who spammed and came this close to being banned), I'd say it's a pretty good record for us Mods.

I have yet to receive a message from the member whose thread i moved to the 3D forum. I hope he/she is satisfied with the responses and feedback posted by the regulars in there.

a
    We're médecins sans frontières. More about us here

Originally posted by SpockBert
    come on Ari...BLAH BLAH...aste type junk that clog up the entire page.
    Blah blah blah... please shut up... if you really want to continue this, then take it to private messages, you are not helping anyone by just arguing over something that doesn't matter and wont be reversed... so take the adult way out and drop it...

Its the festive season, mods do this for free, so lets all be happy campers eh?

Running Plodding & Limping SpockBert's Avatar
    I did wish everyone happy new year,

Just don't like being accused of spamming, thats all.

night all

Originally posted by justice strike
    noone is perfect.. (well maybe CNO or Swampy )
    Come on, justice, let's not get out of hand.

I mean, Swampy, perfect?

There's no Justice. There's just us.

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.
    Gerbick: America. Stabbing suckers since Vespucci left.

Nyuk! Nyuk! Nyuk! Hey Moe... serpent star's Avatar
    Originally posted by Markp.com
    Blah blah blah... please shut up... if you really want to continue this, then take it to private messages, you are not helping anyone by just arguing over something that doesn't matter and wont be reversed... so take the adult way out and drop it...

Why is it necessary to tell him to shut up? Why is it that within three posts in thread a member is invited to leave? Why is it when a suggestion is made, the kneejerk response is, "can't do it, that would be impossible"? Why is it, when mention that this thread would be moved, a mod appears defensive about his perogative to do so?

I think we all need to grow up and continue this discussion like adults. I don't think that it should go to private message.

I have offered suggestions here at Flashkit before... you imply that they are invited simply by having the feedback forum. Every time I do, my suggestions are poo-poo'd and I am told to run along like a good little member and play nice in the help forums. Your members here are your greatest level indicator of how things are going. I suggest you open your ears to the disidents cause many of them are valuable contributers.

I would invite internet.com to make this a pay site so that the opinions of Flashkits "customers" weren't trampled on and you mods could be paid at least some fraction of what you truly are worth.

No. If this became a pay site, I would most definitly leave. I am a kid. No shame in that. But help should be free. it would be great for the Mods to be payed, but I wouldn't be one to help their income. If it help isn't free anymore, I don't know what happened to the world...

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.

I don't know. Flashkit is an incredibly valuable website. If it were the only one of its kind, I'd suggest that they charge for usage. But, since you can acquirte the same knowledge elsewhere, it should remain free. I love Flashkit. I hope it's never subscribers only, but believe you me, I'd pay for the service in a heartbeat.

Running Plodding & Limping SpockBert's Avatar
    Why is it necessary to tell him to shut up? Why is it that within three posts in thread a member is invited to leave? Why is it when a suggestion is made, the kneejerk response is, "can't do it, that would be impossible"? Why is it, when mention that this thread would be moved, a mod appears defensive about his perogative to do so?
    Thank you mate!

To be honest I will leave it now, from what I've seen disagreeing with some of the Mods is a waste of time, you can't have a discussion without them throwing their toys out of the pram and telling you to shut up or go away.

Its even been implied that I was very close to being banned, my crime? having a discussion like this.

My god! Look at you people! All of you! Mods and prominant members telling other members to shut up. Members threatning to go home and tell their mommy. It's sickning! If you are willing to leave such a wonderful helpful site such as Flashkit for one incident, then you don't deserve to have it. You can charish it. You can trash it. But don't ruin it for me. And I hope not to see anymore of these. And if I do, then god help that poor soul that will witness the Rath of Virgo.

Because nothing so horrible has been seen on Flashkit yet. And hopefully never will.

Lets stop the arguing and bickering. Notcie the starter of the thread has not returned? He has left. And that's a shame. I didn'tknow him, but by the sound, he was pretty prominant. Tis a shame. But now there is no purpose for this thread, except for people to make idiots of themselves. Begone, and lets have noe of this in the future!

<insert loud crack of thunder>

Originally posted by SpockBert
    having a discussion like this.
    I'm still looking for a discussion here, personally. More like a rant.

IU'd have to agree, CNO...

Nyuk! Nyuk! Nyuk! Hey Moe... serpent star's Avatar
    Well, I guess that I thought that at the heart of it all, it is a discussion about how to continue to improve upon an already wonderful resource.

Señor member
    Originally posted by serpent star
    Well, I guess that I thought that at the heart of it all, it is a discussion about how to continue to improve upon an already wonderful resource.

Indeedy

I've been looking through the feedback forum of late and have picked up a couple of suggestions and posted them in the team room for improvements and additions to the site, so far a new forum for usability and the (hopefully coming soon) skins for the forum so you don't get blinded by so much yellow.

Apart from browsing through the feedback forum, there's no other way I can personally do anything more to help people improve their experience on the site. I have to admit I also went through a phase a while back where I didn't enjoy visiting this site either (mainly because the topics didn't interest me) and I set up my own forums which do well enough these days. I'm still here though, I like a lot of people on this site.

It's difficult when people say they no longer want to be a part of the community yet remain on the site posting about their discontent without making constructive suggestions to change what they don't like. (Basically the way the modding works is it's people like you (all of you) who know the community and offer something to the forums and are invited to give their free time moving threads and keeping the posting within the site guidelines which in this case are G Rated.

I guess it's not been said but I'm always happy to listen to ideas and if you feel they're not being listened to, I'll offer my thoughts or ideas for you. Feel free to email me using the link below or shoot me a PM if you want anything.

J.
    Company, Meet Creative
    ------------------------
    welcomebrand

As far as I know all mods here are contactable one way or another(email, PM or both)and open to what you have to say.

Above everything else the ppl who own & ultimately run this site have set up a forum where you can post your suggestions and bounce ideas around with your peers and the rest of the Team. Make the most of it. I know John checks this regularly and is working on new features to enhance it further.

We too are listening but all we can do is bring this stuff to his attention and discuss them further in Team News - implementation is up to the webmaster and internet.com.

If you like this place then contribute positively by helping others when you can , if you dislike it, offer a solution for improvement

a

I've never had any problems contacting a mod. You guys are always available. Aria, drop by the mod appreciation thread in the lounge. You seem like you could use it after today.
    Last edited by gdstudios; 12-30-2002 at 11:14 PM.

thanks gdstudios

will do

a

Ah, I see gd is working the forum to gain some business for me...

Commissions???

Yeaa.... Um, no I think not.