dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: A few ideas for Flashkit.

A few ideas for Flashkit.

Someone mentioned on another thread about having a banner free premium service for so much money a year. It may even prove quite popular and profitible at the same time.

EZ Board for example, have ad's on their forums but individual members can like, pay $14 a year (just over a dollar a month) for no ads.

Thought I'd just put this in here so the right people see it. I believe Justice Strike thought of it first though

Re: A few ideas for Flashkit.

Originally posted by CVO Chris
    Someone mentioned on another thread about having a banner free premium service for so much money a year. It may even prove quite popular and profitible at the same time.

EZ Board for example, have ad's on their forums but individual members can like, pay $14 a year (just over a dollar a month) for no ads.

Thought I'd just put this in here so the right people see it. I believe Justice Strike thought of it first though
    Oh no, is this my fault??

http://www.flashkit.com/board/showth...hreadid=408642

I'm not certain about this, but I think charging would open them up to all sorts of legal issues that would prevent effective running of the site and destroy the sense of "community".

IE. - they might be obligated to pay moderators. There have been stories of moderators of other forums (Yahoo, I think), demanding money for their work. I might not be moderating today if I had to fill out 20 pages of legal disclaimers and contractual info, verifying my age and legal right to work, location, etc.

Also, people might raise lawsuits regarding the content they receive, or don't, etc. I don't want to have to read through an EULA before using the site.

I could go on - in the short and long run, it is one option, but not as easy as just making people send you money not to get banners, especially for a large company with shareholders like Internet.com.

Besides, a lot of people are fond of saying that they'll pay membership fees, but in practice it's a whole different story...

Originally posted by CNO
    Besides, a lot of people are fond of saying that they'll pay membership fees, but in practice it's a whole different story...
    I agree..

you said that very well

Developer
    I wouldn't mind paying; but if I'm paying I'm going to start expecting stuff (other than just no ads).

Originally posted by gSOLO_01
    I wouldn't mind paying; but if I'm paying I'm going to start expecting stuff (other than just no ads).
    yeah, like a flashkit T-shirt, or a Mug!