A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: combo box labels not visible when loaded in

combo box labels not visible when loaded in

hi all,

I've put a combo box with a list of labels in a movie clip, viewed it . .works ok..

now when I load that movie clip into another movie clip, those labels in the combo box are invisible ... even though the combo box opens up to the same dimensions .. as if the labels were there,,, but they are not . .

what's the go here . .? can I fix this somehow?

thanx a lot

MikeP:

Banned
    Works fine for me!

But wait! What do you mean exactly by...

...now when I load that movie clip into another movie clip...

You can load an external .swf in a mc! But load a mc in a mc?

I have had problems with combo boxes and dynamically loading variables.

Basically, I have done a shopping cart in flash MX. The first time you look at any product page the combo boxes populate OK but then whenever you access a second product(even if it is the same) the labels don't show.

The problem is (apparently - according to some kind human out there) with the time it takes MX to populate the combobox with the data. I found that if I simply seperate the dynamic attaching of the combobox to the stage and the assigning of the data using the setDataProvider command by placing them on successive keyframes it works every time.

I'm still not sure why it works the first time and not after that but the solution works OK, although, you obviously get a change on the screen momentarily. It doesn't look bad though.

Don't know whether this might help you but it sounds like the same kind of issue so hopefully it will, I spent ages getting very p***ed off with this one :-(

ah sorry

I probably didn't make myself clear..

I have a main stage in mymovie.swf.

into mymovie.swf i this.loadMovie("anothermovie.swf");

anothermovie.swf has combo boxes with values as Labels.

on standalone anothermovie displays the Labels perfect, but when loadMovie d into mymovie.swf, the labels do not show up (are invisible) .. although the combo box still opens up to the desired dimensions, I just can't see the labels ! oh I can see the initial label 0, which is usually "Please Select" for me

anyway have a look here http://www.fiveaa.com.au/newsite/fiveaa/ click on the sports trivia OR the footy tipping Competitions.. the combo boxes are in there...

I just looked it over and it's loaded in just as I explained here . ..

wha the?

Thanx!

MikeP