A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: I Need Ideas

I Need Ideas

i want to change the look of my site... i'm pretty new but would like some ideas on what i should do or where i should go for ideas... this is what i have now

thanks

http://www.abumslife.com

well it is an ok but a standard layout...

search yr mind for idea's
    if that doesn't work

go into nature for idea's...
    works for me!

more practical : - maby you can disconnect the buttons from the main bowl for starters, move them round abit...
    - Afterwards you can maby reshape the main bowl
    - maby a new colour sceme will bring you to other insights
    - make some nice graphics....

have fun
    grtz
    d

decent

I like the site, the rounded buttons are not that well rounded though, not smooth at all...

Question: Where did you get the script for the site stats? Also, it would look better if you changed the font of the stats!

K.
    Each success only buys an entrance ticket to a more difficult problem

hmm not bad, pretty simple :-)

Looks like I am viewing a tv. If you want ideas, maybe put an animation in the screen with a faulty horizontal hold or snow. Do this when the screen loads.
    Any programming language is at its best before it is implemented and used.

thanks for the replies... i've thought about putting the snow in the screen part but i wouldn't know where to start and when you switch links i would make the screen go out like the old TVs did...

anyway... thanks for the advice... i'll keep messing around see what i can come up with

Originally posted by abumslife
    [B]thanks for the replies... i've thought about putting the snow in the screen part but i wouldn't know where to start and when you switch links i would make the screen go out like the old TVs did...
    B]
    http://www.flashkit.com/movies/Anima...3062/index.php

You may or may not like this fla. There are some others out in flashkit
    Any programming language is at its best before it is implemented and used.

JAyzEE
    its pretty nice.
    Junaid Zamir

Liquified
    I like it. Very simple and straight-forward. The only thing I saw was that the Flash animations seemed very choppy. What fram rate did you use? They seemed to be less than 15 f/sec. I would bump those up to at least 25.

Also, imspiration and ideas can be very hard to come by. I would estimate that 50% of my time is spent on coming up with new ideas. I like to look at other's sites and get some inspiration from them...but not steal anything. When I get stuck with a blank slate that's usually my first inclination. You'd be surprised what good ideas you can come up with when you are inspired by others' works.

Eric

thanks tmoore but i don't like it too much

thanks eblack for the comments... was the flash choppy even after it loaded... i'll take your word for it though...

i'm still learning... i think the best thing i can do right now is learn some more flash since that's what i want my site to consist of and look around for ideas... i started something lastnight in photoshop... i have the ideas in my head just not the knowledge to execute the site

thanks again... more comments and ideas are more than welcome

i was wondering if anyone would be willing to help me out with flash one on one... via IM or email... i have ideas i just need a little bit of guidence... any help would be great

thanks

LISTEN MAN!!!
    don't f around with the site.
    IT WORKS RIGHT NOW, RIGHT?
    Here's my advice to you, leave it alone for about a week. When you come back you'll have a fresh mindset about it, and you'll realize how cool it is. Just work on smoothing it out. There's a lot of jagged edges and choppy screens. If you want to mess around, do it with fonts and color schemes.
    ANYTHING ELSE IS DANGEROUS.

for example me? i just use a basic frontpage website, course, i have zero content.
    www.lingeringmist.com

How did you get the stats and ammount of people online at the bottom left? I see it uses cookies too. It doesn't count each time u refresh.

Christian

hey dycapz... what about reaching ones potential... if we all just settled with something we wouldn't get better... i'm just trying to improve myself is all... nothing wrong with learning

chris112... it's some php code that i got from a buddy of mine... and yes... it sets cookies so it only counts you once... my email table is also php... something i found but modified it considerably to fit my site... i'm looking for something with attachments right now

the php counter also gives me stats... so i know what host you're using, what browswer, what links people are coming from and where in the world you're at

i was wondering if anyone would be willing to help me out with flash one on one... via IM or email... i have ideas i just need a little bit of guidence... any help would be great

thanks

bump... anyone at all?

bump... anyone at all?
    bump, you are like on flashkit.com, lots of forums where you can post questions, so why not go post your questions over there and not asking people to give time at you when they dont want to ?

Let's face it, there like I dunno, 15 help forums on flashkit.com, about photoshop, dreamweaver ?, flash, swish, ...

go try it out over there

I like to go to http://www.************.com and http://www.wow-factor.com and there are many other places out there that are good inspirational and get the motivation goin.
    Good luck to you!
    Peece,
    Mel

tarzan... this is the web area... so i figured since we like developing them someone would want to help out... i have ideas for my site but just not sure how to do it yet... i figured this would be a lot faster... now that i tried and asked i'll learn it on my own... so like didn't mean to upset you for not stepping up... it was worth asking

thanks melmann... i'll check them out