dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: startdrag problem

startdrag problem

lately on my site and others, using my computer and others, I can't stop and drag a supposedly draggable MC. Instead, a 'dont' icon comes up where my arrow used to be, and where I expected my hand to be. This is very disconcerting for me. I tried updating my player, thinking my host had somehow crashed and replaced part of my page or something, anything. I had never seen that icon before, and it's bumming me out- somebody tell me why it started doing this.

-thanks

Banned
    A link?

it's a problem I'm having with all flash sites- anytime I click and drag. There is a slider in the upper left hand corner of ironmallet.com/mx.htm that you can try, if the slider follows you when you drag it and stays a hand the whole time...that's what it's supposed to do. If it changes into a circle with a slash through it, then you have the problem that 3 out of the four computers I'm checking this problem out on have. Right now focusing on it being a windows update that did it, or a browser version, I'm in IE on all four computers, but one of them works fine. This is a big problem. Even if I figure out what is causing it, it's still very disenchanting.

try the slider

Banned
    Works fine for me!

IE5.5 - Windows ME - But not the latest Flash player yet! Still resisting and I don't really know why!

Senile member! :)
    Works for me Too in Win98 IE6. Neither I got the latest player... I belive I got a really old player 6 since I cant remember when I updated it..

/Mirandir

Fixed problem but it is still a strange and dangerous thing. Earthlink's pop-up blocker is the most likely culprit in one case (the computer is in another city at the moment). AdShield is on this computer that was having the problem and it worked properly when we unchecked "block listed images" even though we had no images listed.

keywords:
    dragging drag IE AdShield pop-up popup startDrag slider knob