dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Preloader Is Preloading External MC's

Preloader Is Preloading External MC's

I am using a preloader component to preload the basic part of my site, and then the core parts of the site are then external mc's with their own preloaders. However, when I try the full site in flash although the main site 'loads up' properly, the external mc's seem to load instantly, even though when I preview them individually in flash it takes around 5secs for each to laod @ 56k. Have I made a mistake somewhere (as is probable) or is flash 'previewing' it wrong as the other clips are external but stored locally?

Thanks,
    Rob Gaskell

Banned
    If the files are stored locally, obviously they'll load right away.
    Upload them to your site, clear your cache, and for the only purpose of testing this in the application itself, load them with their full url from your site.

Flash 'simulates' a 56k connection (or whatever you specify) - when I preview the site in this way will it simulate the connection for all files (ie. Including external files), or just the single 'top level' file (ie. The fla that I am working on)?

I've found that anything other than the top-level movie instantly loads locally too. I've always done what oldnewbie suggested, and uploaded them to test them.

The other alternative is to test the preloader in each file individually.. if it works there, it will work in the final product.

- Cerious.