dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: PixelPolice.com Accepting Applications

PixelPolice.com Accepting Applications

Basically, I decided what I want to do with my other site, PixelPolice.com
    It's going to be a large graphical showcase. Where people can post there graphics, and other people can view, and possibly review them. I am going to start it out with maybe 7 people who can post their images. The exact premise of the site may change, but this gives the basic idea of whats going to happen. It's going to rely on mysql and php, so I need people skilled with that. I want to have update scripts and user acounts for people who can post images, so it may be difficult.

Current Positions Being Accepted

Developers
    --Need to know mysql and php
    --Skill with graphics and webdesign

Designers
    --Need to know HTML, and maybe Flash
    --Extreme skill with graphics and webdesign

Theres other general positions, just post with some sites that you have made, and a general resume. For now the pay will be the fact that you have all your images hosted for free, provides a place to showcase your work and get possible job offers, and other obvious things. Eventually there may be some form of compensation, but for now, thats enough. All the work will be hosted on a .com, so you can post images in Forums etc..

I will post with the accepted applications in the coming weeks, and will not be accepting people soley on friendship, only skill. So dont feel bad if you dont get chosen, it doesn't mean I dont like you.

For more information, email me

-Alex

I would prefer you posted applications here, http://www.notthistime.com/Board/viewthread.php?tid=35

Visual Communicator
    Seems very weird that you would be making all of these demands on what people should bring to the table just to be apart of your web site. I mean don't get me wrong, I applaude the spunk and vision. However you should not be requesting people bring programming knowledge to the table to be apart of what YOU want to accomplish.

I mean what would I bennifit coming and setting up a php/sql database for you to run your operation. A hope that in the future it would pay off? My friend I feel that you are pretty young and have maybe some growing to do as far as operating a business and setting up a online presence.

If it were me, I would learn these things my self. Set up the sql/php and learn to handle my own business before I go relying on others.

Just some thoughts. But good luck to you none the less.

Lengthy Member
    "I have a website that needs developed for free. If you can do it, I'll let you host pictures for free."

Attractive offer, my friend. Maybe next time.

my whole point is that it would become "our" site, not just mine. Don't feel the need to explain myself any further

Gotta totally agree with what the others are saying here, plus it would totally beneifit u too learn how to develope the site your self?