A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: extract a shape from a protected SWF

extract a shape from a protected SWF

hi there, I was wondering how can I extract a shape from a protected SWF? I need to have it in vector and am looking into how to do this. Although I could trace or redraw it, if there is an easy way I'd like to know how to go about it. Thanks

Step
    :: stepan
    ---
    e stepan@3amp.com
    i http://stepan.3amp.com/

ask me one on fish..not flash
    i dont think many ppl will respond to this as a protected movie is usually "someone else's work".

if they wanted you to have access to the "shape" then they would not have protected the movie.

having said all that, dont be disheartened. like you said you could always "trace" it

gary
    I bought a Ouija board. The pointer spelled out 'You don't actually believe in this crap, do you

Originally posted by gary_bydesign
    i dont think many ppl will respond to this as a protected movie is usually "someone else's work".

if they wanted you to have access to the "shape" then they would not have protected the movie.

having said all that, dont be disheartened. like you said you could always "trace" it

gary
    Hi Gary,

I'm fully aware of this. It was for a logo that I want to use (keeping the brand with it - don't want to pretend it to be mine or anything). I've redrawn it myself now... importing the shape would have saved me some time that's all

tnx for your reply,

step
    :: stepan
    ---
    e stepan@3amp.com
    i http://stepan.3amp.com/

ask me one on fish..not flash
    cool man just letting you know the "general" feeling after seeing the question b4 :-)
    I bought a Ouija board. The pointer spelled out 'You don't actually believe in this crap, do you